thanks
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

BigKriss
SX Forumholic
Car: S14
Engine: RB

Re: bolt in roll cage

Post by BigKriss »

Bud, with your manufacturing skilzz , simply make one.
Biggest thing is welding the mounting plates onto the floor and pillars..

poizen
200SX Maniac
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Post by poizen »

yea Barry i was going to make one just don't have time so thought i might as well see if someone has a bolt in kit they wanna sell

but guess i should make it least then i can do it my way
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

and then you can build me a half cage for mine too ;)
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Drillergy
SX Forumholic

Post by Drillergy »

Why don't you fabricate one for all. Of us. Get it FIA approved obviously, and keep the specs, so when someone wants one, you just build it.

I will want one in the not too distant future.

And the best part it we trust you to use the thicker diameter steel bars as apposed to getting it done somewhere else, where they would use inferior materials

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

I do have access to FIA approved bolt in cages from Apex so if anyone is interested let me know.

Distributor for ROTA wheels South Africa

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

Drillergy
SX Forumholic

Post by Drillergy »

djtreble wrote:I do have access to FIA approved bolt in cages from Apex so if anyone is interested let me know.

Is it a full cage and what's the price like?

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Yeah and Apex are still running their special on cages. I'm very tempted to get a half cage even though I actually have no use for one, shipping would be dear I imagine.
APEX wrote:
These are hugely specced and easily surpass the MSA cage requirements. Theyre 2011 EDC, Time Attack and BDC compliant. JDM All Stars in theory want the door bars welded together and the sandwich plates welding to the car floor but Ive been told of no end of people who have been allowed to run with non full compliant chages.

The cages are designed to run with the full standard interior. Youll just lose the sun visors. If you run both door bars on the S14 then make sure the bolt heads are outward facing (rather than the bolt thread) as the bars and bolts will foul on the door card slightly. This doesnt prevent the operation of the door and it can still be closed. The door bar will force an indent into the door card over time and the door will become easier and easier to close.

Specifications:

Theyre true bolt in cages so no welding of support brackets, just drill and bolt, job done.

S14 is through dash, S13 is miss dash. S13 has plenty of room for entry exit with the legs missing dash wheras the S14 need to run through dash due to design of the door cards.

Basic cage specifications

Finished in black
45 diameter 2.5mm wall thickness cold drawn steel
Twin bolt fixings at 90 degree for all tube mounting points
All the bolts are 8.8 tensile strength
Sandwich plates to mount under the floor and bolt to the cage feet
Far exceed official MSA roll cage specifications

Full cages:

6 point fixing
Main hoop
Rear stays
Removable twin door bars
Removable rear horizontal
Removable rear diaganol
Front legs
Front upper screen bar
Pre painted in black - note that other companies charge extra for finish, they supply in bare metal
Fitting kit with all nuts, bolts, washers and sandwich plates

Rear cage - ask about availability

Four point fixing
Main hoop
Rear stays
Removable rear diaganol
Removable rear horizontal
Fitting kit with all nuts, bolts, washers and sandwich plates

Every single cage has been assembled in our warehouse before it was packed ready for dispatch.

Some of the S13 cages were originally designed for single point fixing door bars and as such we have redrilled the door bars to allow twin bolting to meet BDC regulations. There is just one extra hole in each main hoop at the door bar mounting point.

Prices

Ill do them for £359 and £179 a piece.

NOTE: ONCE STOCK HAS GONE IT HAS GONE, THERE ARE NO CURRENT PLANS TO MANUFACTURE ANY MORE OF THESE CAGES!

Prices INCLUDE vat

When are they availabe?

The full cages are in stock and ready to ship. Theyve been built in house, checked, approved, dissasembled and packed. As soon as we hit the required numbers then we will dispatch.

Half cages will be assembelled to order but theyre still available from stock.

Note that the cages are manufactured to a tight tolorance so we may have removed paint from the end of bars to allow them to slot into the corresponding socket if the paint makes the diameter of the bar too great for an easy fit. You cant see the paint free section as it lives within the correspondign socket. This is something that you would have had to do so we have just made your life easier so dont be complaining to us if theres no paint at the end of one of more tubes. ;)

Also note that we will NOT be held responsible for any damage to paint finish that occours during transit. The cages are packed well but theyre big, heavy objects and if the courier is particularly rough during transit then there maybe the odd mark or scratch.

Think of the black finish as an added bonus rather than a given.

Full cage

To help generete interest and get the numbers just need add the following to your signature. Just change the + signs for =

[SIZE+3][COLOR+BLUE]Apex S13 and S14 BDC, Time Attack, EDC etc roll cage group buy. Details [url+http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php? ... ost5990153]here[/url]
[/size]

S14 rear:

Note that the S13 rear cages will now have the fixings for the front cages on the main hoop. S14 are normal rear cage.

Also note that the mounting tab design is now superior to that design but it gives you an idea. Have a look at the full cage pics to see how the diaganol and horizontal now fixes to the main hoop.

S13 full cage install pics:

Image[/color]
sig[/sig]

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

As above, but I get them here cheaper than you buying them at retail and bringing them here yourself. Shipping taxes and duties.

I run the s14 cage in my drift silvia and its an awesome bit of kit. Only took a day to install.

If you are interested pop me an email to info@kaihatsu.co.za

Distributor for ROTA wheels South Africa

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

DRIFTWORX
Slipping Clutch

Post by DRIFTWORX »