FrankenZteins back!

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Gary57 »

but are you goin to use it for anything else?
Daily drive...
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Gary57 wrote:
Daily drive...
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

Riekert wrote:
Gary57 wrote:
Daily drive...
Metro is gona love him :lol: . They'll probably be driving around with a pic of this car on the dash.
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

poizen
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by poizen »

Image[/quote]

im sure ive seen this steering wheel somwhere hmmmm ahhahahaha :lol:
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15

Post by DriftZ »

…the idea from the beginning has been a street legal track/drift car, so i can drive to the tracks.
Its looking good and original plans are ‘on track’, but its been a very expensive exercise, way more than I initially planed for. original budget was set at R115 000 but now we're sitting at R152 000 and there's still things that need doing, scary :( .. but I’m sure I’ll be happy once I begin driving it, shouldn’t be too long now.. I flippen hope so!!

..Ja poizn I needed that wheel while sitting at the exhaust shop, didn’t need the guy damaging my Sparco wheel before I get to use it :)

..Ja Reece that’s the reason I wanna make the car Matt black… stealth style to hide from the cops :) :)

poizen
200SX Maniac

Post by poizen »

ReeceZ wrote:
Riekert wrote:
Gary57 wrote: Daily drive...
Metro is gona love him :lol: . They'll probably be driving around with a pic of this car on the dash.
im scared of this aswell being my car published in sns with the doors up etc and it not hard to spot me hahhaha now cant fool them saying the door opens normaly
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

...Poizn i wouldnt worry too much, ive had a car featured in Sns and it was also a street legal track/drag car that had been Heavily modified with illegal things like shaved handles and different everything, and to top it off it was Bright Orange and as Loud as Hell with no baffle at all on my turbo system. The feature was called the 'Baked Bean' if you wanna look it up.
I got pulled over by the cops a few times.. but they just wanted to know more about it than to bust me.. seems if you really make the car nice and you are politly engaging towards them they let you off.. i dunno, ha ha

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

DriftZ wrote:...Poizn i wouldnt worry too much, ive had a car featured in Sns and it was also a street legal track/drag car that had been Heavily modified with illegal things like shaved handles and different everything, and to top it off it was Bright Orange and as Loud as Hell with no baffle at all on my turbo system. The feature was called the 'Baked Bean' if you wanna look it up.
I got pulled over by the cops a few times.. but they just wanted to know more about it than to bust me.. seems if you really make the car nice and you are politly engaging towards them they let you off.. i dunno, ha ha
I wouldn't mind if they pull me over :)
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

DriftZ wrote:...Poizn i wouldnt worry too much, ive had a car featured in Sns and it was also a street legal track/drag car that had been Heavily modified with illegal things like shaved handles and different everything, and to top it off it was Bright Orange and as Loud as Hell with no baffle at all on my turbo system. The feature was called the 'Baked Bean' if you wanna look it up.
was that karmangia yours! nice!!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Highboost
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Highboost »

Car is looking awsome man !!!!

Just noticed in the first few pics that the one waterpipe has a bit of a kink in it( next to the turbo), i have a cheap/easy fix that I learned from mr CHIP FOOSE, you take a stainless steel welding rod , turn that around something to make a spring like form, this should be just big enough to fit inside the waterpipe snugly, put this in the area that kinks, this should keep the pipe opened up to allow max flow of coolant and if proper stainless is used will last for a long time.

Use it or loose it :roll:

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

Ja Riekert, that Ghia was mine, a guy in a honda wrote it off, miss it :(

Shot H.boost for the tip ... ja Chip.F is da MAN! ..but dont worry the pipes are all good now :)

Highboost
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Highboost »

All good my man !!

Don't wanna loose a motor because of a waterpipe. :twisted:

Didn't wanna sound like I think I know it all...... :oops:

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

.. not at all boet, i apprieciate it, i need you okes spotting problems, shot for the thought :)

Highboost
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Highboost »

Any ideas on a radiator i can use for my car? S13 with 7mgte(supra) motor. Was thinking along the lines of BMW 325/328???

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

.. nort sorry bru, ask the okes inside 'techinal' im sure someone will know