Project - Evil D (L28... err... RB25 scratch that CA18.... nope wrong again swapped SilEighty)

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Charlvdw wrote:
Riekert wrote:Hey people...

Oh and I can't get the damn gearbox oil filler bolt out!!! WTF!!
HUH??
hehe. I need to put gearbox oil in the gearbox but the bolt on the side where you put the nozzle of the bottle in....

@Sokar - Thanx will rather do that then. because i'm afraid either the car will fall on me, or i'll strip the bolt.

2L of gearbox oil correct?
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Sokar wrote:
Riekert wrote: Oh and I can't get the damn gearbox oil filler bolt out!!! WTF!!
You can fill through the shifter hole inside the car, just need to take the shifter out and throw the correct amount of oil in.
Thats assuming you know how much oil is in there already.......if there is none....no probs....

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Draco wrote:
Sokar wrote:
Riekert wrote: Oh and I can't get the damn gearbox oil filler bolt out!!! WTF!!
You can fill through the shifter hole inside the car, just need to take the shifter out and throw the correct amount of oil in.
Thats assuming you know how much oil is in there already.......if there is none....no probs....
the box is completely dry.... no more oil....
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

you get the oil in? Is the car running yet?

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Oooh... Time for mini update.

Yip oil is in and car can drive (more or less) down the road and back...

Got the exhaust welded... and uhm... ja...

I didn't do much in the last 2 weeks though... gonna work on it again this long weekend. will try and get it running(nicely) by monday.

so hold thumbs.

aka The Overlord

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

u get that wideband?
u sort out the biki?

my wideband arrived, cant wait to get the exhaust sorted!

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

veecee wrote:u get that wideband?
u sort out the biki?

my wideband arrived, cant wait to get the exhaust sorted!
Hey man! yeah got the wideband. Gonna try and fit it this weekend too. pretty sick guage...

nah biki still a bit screwey... rather gonna wait until car is running then plug it in asn see if I can reflash it.

now just to check the timing... the cold idle valve is still busted... so that kinda sux. the one I got from wynand had the same prob as mine... want to try and mcguiver it... but i'm a bit afraid.

also still need to check the MAF plug 0_0

ai... hopefully I can get it running smoothly by moday...

Oh... need to remember to get powersteering fluid...

aka The Overlord

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Bha!!!! its tuesday and still kak!

at least its idling better now. I had the ground and the signal wire connected incorrectly... [smilie=200sx_stupid.gif] [smilie=200sx_oops.gif]

so now that is sorted... she is spitting on idle... think it might be a plug. at least its not overfueling on idle... although when you rev its responsive and then almost dies.... not sure why???

uhm... what else... oh! i managed to fuse the digital clock in my guage cluster.... freakin idiot!! if anyone knows where I can check for that give me a shout.

otherwise I stripped the turbo off again... added the new downpipe and also fixed the leaking oilfeed pipe. now that was a fun 8 hours... :shock: :shock:

now I have to get new bolts for the downpipe cuase the one I got didn't have bolts with... so again my car sounds like a tracktor! :roll:

oo.... I finally washed her after 9 months 0_0

well here are a few pics...

aka The Overlord

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

nicely done - i think!

looks good when its clean.

about that digiclock, and the rest of your shit not working...

i remember a while back one of the big fuses (like 75amp or thereabouts) of mine blew. i think it was the alternator fuse or something. when that was out, nothing would work on my dash! but i think my starter still worked! although it was probably just draining the crap outta the battery!

i could also be completely wrong, but go check those big f_ckers next to the intake manifold!

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Thanx man!

yeah... but the strange thing is the clock worked until yesterday... but the revcounter and water temp never worked :?:

aka The Overlord

Highboost
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Highboost »

Hey Riekert

Have you sorted the electronic problem yet ?

Any updates? [smilie=200sx_taz.gif]

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Hey man... almost.

I got the wrong bolts for the exhuast 3 times!!! agh!! so will start it again tonite to check everything. hopefully with the exhaust back on and the plugs cleaned it will idle better... will take a vid tonite of the progress. :lol:

aka The Overlord

Highboost
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Highboost »

Cool that's good news!!

Just a bit of useless info - Go and buy Beroxide (the stuff women use to dye their hair) that will clean all alimunuim parts perfectly, it will look like they were just casted a few minutes ago.

Specially if you had to assemble and strip, assemble and strip, then all parts has black grease marks all over. This will make everything look brand new again. 8)

I always use Allenkey bolts on exhaust manifolds and turbo's because of the space makes it easier. Those studs and nuts can drive you crazy. :twisted:

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

i see you still got the stripe

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

rat wrote:i see you still got the stripe
mowahahahaha! :lol: :lol: