Expected power figures t3/t4 Turbonetics??

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

thekoukimonster
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Expected power figures t3/t4 Turbonetics??

Post by thekoukimonster »

Hi there, currently im building a fully modified S14 sr20det, can anyone tel me what kind of power figures i can suspect with a Turbonetics t3/t04e ballbearing, 0.63 ar 50 trim(exhaust), and stage3 blade compressor at boost levels of 1 bar 1,5 bar and 1,8bar boost ??

Stage 2 264degree brian crower cams.

the koukimonster, waiting in anticipation!!!.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Well thats kinda hard....there is some maths to do to estemate the power depending if the specs of the turbo is matched to your engines flow and all...but I can say this...it will be strong...how strong I don't know but strong....I guess you will find out when it's on the dyno....

n1smo200sx
0.5 Bar Boost
Engine: SR

Post by n1smo200sx »

Its going to be over 250rWkW thats for sure.Hope you got a VERY good clutch!
My car's a Hybrid - it burns gas and rubber

Spyke
Slipping Clutch

Post by Spyke »

Your cams may limit your power. You may not be able to boost a full 1.5 (let alone 1.8.) with the cam timing set right for off-boost operation. You may start picking up a boost loss caused by the overlap.

My Zim$
Spinning is for guys too scared to drift...
'91 RS13 - Project 13
CA18DET

thekoukimonster
0.1 Bar Boost

I dont have the cams yet , what do you suggest, i think stage 3 is 272degrees,(but wont you loose all the low and midrange?) or can someone cut a nice profile on std cams??

Speed breeder
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Speed breeder »

I think its best you try the turbo first and then start playing around with the cams... its a trial and error process, unless someone else has the same spec t3/t4 that you have and have already tried different cam profiles.

Pick the top end power and boost you'll be happy with... also you don't want a motor boosting 1.8bar for a day and that's it...

your question was posted regarding how much power can you make - in most cases low end torque will have to be sacrificed for top end power... can't have both, unless you're running displacement and forced induction

You also did not mention other planned mods like the fueling (management and injection) and also sorting the spark and then off course how you cooling the charge down.
200sx CA18DET S13 - forged and flowed

thekoukimonster
0.1 Bar Boost

Im building it as strong as possible, sr20det bottom end Acl calico coated race bearings, , cp pistons, manly conrods, arp studs etc.

For now i dont plan on making more than 320wkw but im building it to be good for 600hp plus.

Im scared that if i go to big with the cams it will have no power in middle and low and it will only be a topend screamer!!

Any suggestions?? :? :?:

It will be used for normal road mainly, and ocational drifting and drags!!

:?: :?: :?:

RB25SX
Over Boosting
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by RB25SX »

Google is your best bet, search the internet, there are a lot of build guides and power figures with differant setups. I wouldnt use bigger than 270 deg cams for normal road use. For 300kw+ you would need 550cc + injectors, water/meth injection or run on race feul.
R32 GTR