Setting CO on ca18det

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Setting CO on ca18det

Post by jdm200sx »

Hi guys

Wanted to find out if its possible to set the CO on stock management? I have upgraded the turbo but feel that its running too rich. Everything else is stock. Boost set on 0.8. I prefer the stock ecu over the aftermarket as I have a aftermarket on sentra coupe with det engine. The starting is not so wonderful as the stock and theres always the doubt if its tuned correctly. I have taken it to a reputable tuner thats been long in the bizz. Want to upgrade in the future from stock with nistune but for now I just want it running gooood. All suggestions welcome :geek:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece...but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and defiantly shouting "wow, what a ride."

djtreble
Over Boosting

Re: Setting CO on ca18det

Post by djtreble »

You will be better off just going for Nistune now tbh, you can buy a hist of Apex units that adjusts signals going to the ECU to fine tune it but they aren't cheap and aren't nearly as refinde as Nistune! You can't go wrong, and for 6-7k it's cheap.

Distributor for ROTA wheels South Africa

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Setting CO on ca18det

Post by rat »

You can set co's
Hot Plates are Sexy

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

Do you know where in CT I can have it done?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well-preserved piece...but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and defiantly shouting "wow, what a ride."

rat
Administrator
Car: R32

Setting CO on ca18det

Post by rat »

No idea. Nissan?
Hot Plates are Sexy

Daniel
200SX Maniac

Post by Daniel »

You need to drill a hole in the AFM housing to access the adjusting screw. Its all explained in the manual.

I really don't like the idea of adjusting it however. My simple mind tells me you should run leaner with a larger turbo, not rich.
The AFM already adjusts for measured airflow. If you're running rich you must have a boost leak? are you running an atmospheric BOV? that will make you run rich when it dumps the air.
sig[/sig]

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

Im also a bit sceptical of adjsting at the afm. The question is how much and so on. I have a spare afm that is drilled already. Think I shud take my chances with that on. Dont have a bov on,jst the stock recirculation system. I checked the boost pipes as u mentioned. All clamps r solid tight and no holes in the piping. Changed turbo to gt28rs. Getting about 350km to the tank driving like a granny. :?

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

Will given nissan a shot tomorrow to hear if they can set it

Daniel
200SX Maniac

Post by Daniel »

Lol! good luck!
sig[/sig]

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

Daniel
200SX Maniac

Post by Daniel »

Have you checked your ecu for fault codes?
A faulty temp sensor or knock sensor would also cause you to run rich.
sig[/sig]

jdm200sx
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by jdm200sx »

I havent scratched around there as yet, wil have a go at it this evening