CA18DET ecu error code help.

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

300sx
0.8 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Re: CA18DET ecu error code help.

Post by 300sx »

when sensors give errors all at the same time, its something they have in common, ussually a bad earth.. so now that they are no longer giving errors does not neccesarily mean you dont still have a bad/high resistance earth..

might be worth a shot..
300zx fairlady 1991
200sx s13 with vg30det @ 1bar

elmer

Post by elmer »

Actually Im pretty sure now it is because knock sensor, all symptoms match - jumping rpm's, too much fuel, problems with ignition timing and I got error 34 on ecu - knock sensor send signal to ECU which gives more fuel and retards timing for safety. The possibilities are:
1. broken knock sensor
2. problem with knock sensor circuit (maybe wire shield etc)
3. ecu
4. knocks in engine (but as I read - error 34 means problems with sensor or circuit not that there is a knocking - and I got problems on idle - there should'nt be any knocking on idle or if it is full throttle ride should damage engine right away).

The problem is knocking sensor is quite dificult to dismount - its under intake manifold. There is a way to trick the ECU - you need to connect ecu pin to the ground and get a 1M ohm resistor on that but if sensor is ok and the engine is knocking it can cause damage :/ Im not sure what to do. Im thinking about making a headphones connected to engine block and listen if there is knocking.

elmer

Post by elmer »

a little update - got off knocking sensor connector (it was real pain - couldnt get my hand on it) - it is tarnished as hell, maybe thats the reason (hope so). I'll clean it and do test ride.

elmer

Post by elmer »

nope still the same :(