problems with my ca18det

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Yakuza
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

problems with my ca18det

Post by Yakuza »

Hey guys. Oky so after an hour drive to home. Switched off my car to open the garage door. Wanted to start car which after the first swing starts immediatly.. When I cranked her I heard a wierd pop or type of explotion from the engine bay. So without any throttle the car just would not start.. Got it going with some throttle and sounds like a miss and as if the exhaust is off?? How/where/what can I check???

Kind regards

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Re: problems with my ca18det

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

i have no clue but first thing i would do is check for spark makes sure all your plugs are on their respective place try running a diagnostic on your ecu and see what errors that gets thrown up check all your piping aswell
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

araf69
Slipping Clutch

Post by araf69 »

Had the exact same problem. Sounded like a miss at first. And then just wouldnt start. All the plugs were fouled so bad, put new plugs, all ok now.

Yakuza
Slipping Clutch

Post by Yakuza »

Thanks for insights buds. all is sorted after a good service and some tlc on bolts in unbelievable difficult places .