A T2.8/T3 Garrett journal bearing turbo

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

do exactory what G said!

go look in the classifieds section.

its no longer for sale, but dr g had one there. and there are photo's.

you stock MAF is a bottleneck in your system. it restricts the airflow when you start talking about 200hp or more!

but if you ditch the PP and go with a full management system you can run MAP instead of MAF, and then you will not be restricted at all.

i say aim for 180 instead of 150 on the wheels!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Enzio »

An adjustable fuel pressure regulator is one of the best things you can buy.

And their pretty cheap - like R400 for a good one.
1) This will immediatly be able to tell u if the stock fuel pump is still up to the job - or at least till where u can push it by checking for pressure drops as the motor revs/works hard at high rpms.

2) higher pressure at injectors = more fuel into engine that is required to make more power form more boost, etc. U get the idea. Obviously this also only works up to a point but is a simple fix rather than getting injectors that are too big/expensive....

3) Many standard SX fpr have been opened or tampered with to gain the advantages of an adjustable one - sometimes with the end result that the original one is stuffed.

Anyway - that's in my opinion always a good place to start.

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Enzio wrote:An adjustable fuel pressure regulator is one of the best things you can buy.
I got a Nismo one for free... So will I be able to run it on my stock setup? will it make any diffs?

sorry for the jack...
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

i dont see what is wrong with the std fpr?

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Your std fpr can be playin up. So fit it with a aftermarket one then you can check if your fuel pump is pumping at the right pressure. If not then you can adjust it.

Its more a safety precaution than anything else, like a boost guage.

It also helps for fine tunning your car.
Rolling Thunder..........

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

On std setup won't make a diff. If you up the boost or fit bigger turbo i.e. start to fiddle wit hit it, then a fpr becomes a useful tool for making RELIABLE power by ensuring the correct fuel mixture.

a lean mixture = imminent death for engine

And that is always true...

rat
Administrator

Post by rat »

ok i see what you mean :lol:

dont want to start a

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

:lol:
Rolling Thunder..........

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

Anyway, back to the original point:

DocG's ideas sound pretty good. As for the T2.8/T3: it should be about the same sort of size as my TD04 (I think) - and like I said: it boosts from low down, not too much lag, pulls cleanly up to the redline and makes more than enough power.

For a daily drive it makes more sense than something like a T3/T4 which is way too big and will only start making power from 4500-5000 rpm probably (This was the case with one of the cars I test drove - granted that car's engine was fubar though...)

200SXSilviaSavage
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by 200SXSilviaSavage »

Excellent guys :D Sounds great... And Enzio, you're TD04 is probably a T25/T28... I saw a TD04H-15G that was this size... So if I do go for the T28/T3 I'm wondering if I'll maybe get too much lag with it? When exactly does your TD04 start spooling 0.1 bar?

@ VC...Thanx for the info bro... Although 180RWKW sounds a bit too much? Maybe I'm underestimating the CA's stock capabilities... I mean is anyone pushing over 150RWKW with stock internals reliably?

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

There are LOTS of different spec TD04 turbos. 13 or 15, G C T L wheel trims, 4 6 and 8 exhaust housings.

Most go with T28 and they work, stick with what works you dont want to be a guinie pig do you!?

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

200SXSilviaSavage wrote:When exactly does your TD04 start spooling 0.1 bar?
uh - at 0.1 bar???

LOL - kriekert - if you have it - fit it!!! how long have you been sitting on that without fitting it???
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

rat
Administrator

Post by rat »

Riekert wrote:
Enzio wrote:An adjustable fuel pressure regulator is one of the best things you can buy.
I got a Nismo one for free... So will I be able to run it on my stock setup? will it make any diffs?

sorry for the jack...
i remember the guy fiting it for phobo what a mission he had, moding it
so should just fit right in there now
Hot Plates are Sexy

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

rat wrote: i remember the guy fiting it for phobo what a mission he had, moding it
so should just fit right in there now
:lol: :lol:

so you know about the nismo... hehe! ja, the fitment won't be the issue. it just the tuning....
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

set it at stock pressure minimum and it wont be a problem.