Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Car: S13
Engine: SR

RB 26 N1 Turbo's "SOLD"

Post by Charlvdw »

Hi
I've got a set of RB 26 N1 Turbo's for sale.
I'm looking at R5k for both.
With some modification they could be a lekker upgrade for a CA as well.
Last edited by Charlvdw on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
197rwkw ,376nm

ESSEXY-ZN
0.2 Bar Boost

Re: RB 26 N1 Turbo's

Post by ESSEXY-ZN »

How many kms on these? Would One need to balance them again? Any shaft play? By N1 do you mean it has a larger than stock compressor wheel because according to manufacture N1 had slightly larger compressor wheel and it was steel exhaust wheel. Are the exhaust wheels on these steel too? Hows the seals? Sorry for all the questions.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Re: RB 26 N1 Turbo's

Post by Charlvdw »

ESSEXY-ZN wrote:How many kms on these? Would One need to balance them again? Any shaft play? By N1 do you mean it has a larger than stock compressor wheel because according to manufacture N1 had slightly larger compressor wheel and it was steel exhaust wheel. Are the exhaust wheels on these steel too? Hows the seals? Sorry for all the questions.
I reconditioned them 5000k's ago, yes they do have steel shafts.
Unfortunately I sold them last night, sorry dude.
197rwkw ,376nm

ESSEXY-ZN
0.2 Bar Boost

Re: RB 26 N1 Turbo's "SOLD"

Post by ESSEXY-ZN »

Lol that sucks... What you say is the safe boost limit on those for a weekend toy? My ceramics were boosting 1 bar fine but it use to spike during the day only for some reason (still havent figured out why) and those spikes caused the exhaust wheel to snap off and get thrown out the exhaust so I was hoping to get mine rebuilt with a slightly larger compressor wheel and 360 degree thrust bearings and boost them at 1.2bar. I only have bigger downpipes, greddy intakes, 3.5inch exhaust, And steel turbo gaskets from intake side all the way to exhaust... So not sure if it will be efficient at that boost. I kno it will handle 1bar well as it did so before. I would assume the steel wheels help with the reliability side of things in terms of holding boost without letting go lol

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

ESSEXY-ZN wrote:Lol that sucks... What you say is the safe boost limit on those for a weekend toy? My ceramics were boosting 1 bar fine but it use to spike during the day only for some reason (still havent figured out why) and those spikes caused the exhaust wheel to snap off and get thrown out the exhaust so I was hoping to get mine rebuilt with a slightly larger compressor wheel and 360 degree thrust bearings and boost them at 1.2bar. I only have bigger downpipes, greddy intakes, 3.5inch exhaust, And steel turbo gaskets from intake side all the way to exhaust... So not sure if it will be efficient at that boost. I kno it will handle 1bar well as it did so before. I would assume the steel wheels help with the reliability side of things in terms of holding boost without letting go lol
I don't think I'm the right guy to answer your questions as I didn't use them on a RB. But as I understood they only really start to come together on 1,2bar. On my application they only generated heat over 1,1bar.
197rwkw ,376nm

ESSEXY-ZN
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by ESSEXY-ZN »

Thanks for your help regardless. I appreciate the response.