stuttering and je,rking

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

mkhsha
Car: S13

stuttering and je,rking

Post by mkhsha »

Hey guys im under abit of a hiccup. I've got new valve seals and new iridium plugs but ive came up with two problems. First off, my engine stutters after about half an hour of driving. Then around half an hour later it's back to normal.

Secondly when im on the road, stepping on the gas to stop or change gear, my engine jerks/hiccups. Now i've been told that it's my fuel regulator, and i did some twisting and the jerk's gone when i let go of the gas in gear 1 and 2 But is still there when it's 4 and 5. At times it jerks/hics more than twice at a time. So what's the gauge of the fuel regulator supposed to be set on? Praying it's just that.. :?

Would appreciate your help and ideas, thanks

Ca18det [smilie=200sx_200sx.gif]

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Re: stuttering and je,rking

Post by Drillergy »

Stuttering and Jerking is part of puberty, dont worry once you pass the adolesence stage into adulthood the stuttering will go away. With regard to Jerking, we usually just get someone to do that for us, commonly known as a wife or if you bat for the same team then "life partner"

Embrace this time as you learn more about how your body works....

With regards to your vehicle.... If it was fine before the spark plug change then check the spark plug gaps and if your coils is sending spark.
You can check your fuel pressure with a simple fuel pressure gauge.
Also check all your injector plugs are in and theres no corrosion build up on the connector pins.

Also This...
Secondly when im on the road, stepping on the gas to stop or change gear, my engine jerks/hiccups
Stepping on the gas to stop is a no, no! The problem should be inbetween the drivers seat and steering wheel. - Check, check and re-check.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

+1 Check ur gap
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

And heat range of the plugs.
Hot Plates are Sexy

mkhsha

Post by mkhsha »

Thanks for the ideas guys. Anyway ive found out the causes. The stutter was because one of my ignition coils is doomed. Cant get too much heat. Nw have to find a replacement. And the jerk was cause of high tune. The sensor on the side front throttle head. Managed to manually tune it and jerk's gone. You guys got ideas on replacement of the coils? Better and longer lasting ones. Thanks brothers

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

you can import high performance ones but they expensive the oem coil packs work fine
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"