FPR

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

FPR

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

If i get a stronger fuel pump do i need to get a better FPR?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Re: FPR

Post by Ero_sennin »

No, Fuel Pressure will go up, unless you really want to get it back down you'll need to get an adjustable one..
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

its not going to flood the motor or anything like that?
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

iF EVERYTHING IS STANDARD, including boost it will run very rich because you have now ultered the pressure which in tern alters the amount of fuel delivered unless the pressure does not increase exponensialy, depending on how much the FP increases you can compensate by increasing boost.

It should not flood the motor, if you plan to keep everything standard and it is over fueling alot, you need to bring the FP down to standard.

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

Draco wrote:iF EVERYTHING IS STANDARD, including boost it will run very rich because you have now ultered the pressure which in tern alters the amount of fuel delivered unless the pressure does not increase exponensialy, depending on how much the FP increases you can compensate by increasing boost.

It should not flood the motor, if you plan to keep everything standard and it is over fueling alot, you need to bring the FP down to standard.

What he said.....
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

okk kwl thanks guys gonna be increasing my boost to a bar so should be fine after it gets on a dyno