Cheers bud ....thanks.

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Re: Kaihatsu Factory V8 S13

Post by Riekert »

dude some pics of the underside too...

was toying with the idea of a V8 in my S13... wanna see how it looks and what needs to be custom made...
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

lol, ok I will see what I can do for you. Also emailed you about the turbo....still want it?

Distributor for ROTA wheels South Africa

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Sweet!

Oh ok cool! Will email you in a bit
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

DUDE a quick question are u using a 21R to 1UZ(v8) bell housing? i had a 21R to 1JZ bell housing deliverd to me for a friend and that is built very well. thinking of droping a lexas in my other hardbody i have lying around lol
sideways forever....

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

When I looked under the car it seems a thick custom adapter plate was used for it

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

So it's been a while since I've updated because we have been using this time to get the car setup right with lots of testing in between and I think we have almost nailed it!

We have done a fair bit of changes to the suspension setup and settled with the following:
Front:
-3.5 Camber
0.1 Toe in
7.8 Castor

Rear:
-0.4 Camber
0 Toe

The car does perform like it's suppose to now but the car is still very sensitive to brash changes. It is just something I am going to have to learn to work with as it is down to how light the car is, the welded diff combined with the rose joints and hard bushes. It is a very solid car that has no give like the standard cars with standard or poly bushes.

We have also added 20mm spacers to the front and were going to add 30mm ones to the rears but the Torques stuck out too far on the rear so we are going to reduce these down to 20mm. We also plan on running more camber up front and playing some more with the damper settings.

In the fueling department I had an issue with the previous lift pump (between the tank and surge tank) packing up and had it replaced with an injection pump. I also relocated alot of items, lines and fuel filters. We then had a nice little interview with a national superbike rider and a short drift lesson which was cut short when the second injection pump (after the surge tank) packed up. So prior to last weekends event I borrowed a fuel cell from a mate that had a baffled section in it and simplified the fueling system to use one fuel pump and no surge tank.

We took it to Killarney for a bit of testing and in one direction it was starving of fuel, so the baffled section clearly wasn't good enough for the sideways action of drifting. Flat Four was then contacted to make a new tank with as much baffling as possible and we should be recieving this soon in time fo rthis weekends drifting and Knysna hill climb.

During the testing at Killarney I thought i would let Calvin from Dragon Customs give drifting a try and this happened:

The man responsible:

But luckily he is the bodywork man and quickly patched it up and strenghtened the fenders up so that they wouldnt get damaged again in time for some Killarney drifting:

So on the Saturday night we got to Killarney and did some drifting and gave many passenger rides. The car was battling with the fuel starvation in one direction when switching and it was spinning out very often. After a bit more practice I found that always having some power applied throughout the whole drift (including going into the corner) prevented the car from straighteneing and/or spinning out. Another issue was one of the first tyres shredded itself and wrapped all of it's rubber around the suspension components compressing the rear left and causing it to have a different feel left to right.

After a fair few rides and perfecting the handling of the 13 we ran out of fuel and the only thing left was about 10 litres of Avgas that Brenton was running on. He allowed me to run it in the 13 for the last passenger ride and all I can say is...WOW! Who would have thought fuel alone could make such a difference.

On Avgas the car sounded and performed like it was an entirely different car. Before I would battle to get the car to rev up through and coming out of a corner (I like revving cars when drifting which is not best suited for V8's), but with the Avgas it would power out of a corner climbing up in the revs with ease....it was just something totally different.

I believe that with Avgas coupled with the new tank and the current suspension setup, we have nailed it! We will be testing this weekend on Saturday night after the Regional Main Circuit racing to test and hopefully be happy with the fact that the car is now setup and running to it's true potential that I saw and many people didn't when brenton owned it before.

I almost forgot, I pretty much un-did calvin's work on the front end when i went off and totally annialated the front bumper, so much so that we had to throw it away. For now I am borrowing Brenton's old front bumper for this car that is heavily stitched up...I give you PATCHES:

On another note, the Drift School is up and running and full details can be seen here:
http://www.kaihatsu.co.za/drift-school

In the future we are looking at having all the body work repaired when we are done testing and this is what the car is going to look like:

We will be having a few cars in the same livery sectioned off into:
Kaihatsu Drift
Kaihatsu Grip
Kiahatsu Drag

See you at Killarney on 5th May 2012 from 4PM onwards!
BRING IT ON!

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

Jacquesopper
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Jacquesopper »

Please send us the details of the guy that sells that bonnets .

Thanks
Regards
Jacques
1991 200SX S13 Charcoal
1992 200SX S13 White
1994 200SX S13 RB25 Red

Bunta
Slipping Clutch
Car: R32
Engine: 2JZ

Post by Bunta »

Oh man that patched up look ftw!!! Love it : :lol:

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

nice :domo:
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

I wanna come learn to drift :D

aka The Overlord

Frankthetank
Slipping Clutch

Post by Frankthetank »

@ riekert you need the following

A: a running car.....
B: a diaper you in the suicide seat, me and my sx.....

That is all...

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

Frankthetank wrote:@ riekert you need the following

A: a running car.....
Thats Riekert out then :facepalm: :P
sig[/sig]

rat