Clear Cam cover

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Clear Cam cover

Post by Gary57 »

Any idea where I can get one??

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

you mean like the one available for the RB26?

maybe get hold of the people who make those to find out if they have one for the ca?

otherwise install an RB26, and buy one!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I heard the RB26 cam cover is the same as the CA18!!?? The motors are pretty much the same just with 2 extra cylinders, well so I have read.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:I heard the RB26 cam cover is the same as the CA18!!?? The motors are pretty much the same just with 2 extra cylinders, well so I have read.
LOL - never thought of that!

the aesthetic design is different, but maybe the mounting points and dimensions are the same!

not a bad conclusion watson!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Ill email Rezlo and ask him, he seems pretty clued up with the RB motors.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Don't think it would fit hey... I think the guys on SXOC already tried it... I got an extra cover that I want to introduce to an angle grinder
Hairdresser MX5

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I got an extra cover that I want to introduce to an angle grinder
An extra clear one or STD?? If it is STD rather keep it and take it to a company that does injection moulding and they can make them clear for you. If we get enough guys keen then it will be cheaper.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Vlade wrote:Don't think it would fit hey... I think the guys on SXOC already tried it... I got an extra cover that I want to introduce to an angle grinder
hey vlade, do you have the other two cam covers as well???

cos then i will take them to be powder coated gloss black, and i will give you my shiny ones. a straight swop?

or how much do you want for them??

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

veecee wrote:
Vlade wrote:Don't think it would fit hey... I think the guys on SXOC already tried it... I got an extra cover that I want to introduce to an angle grinder

cos then i will take them to be powder coated gloss black, and i will give you my shiny ones. a straight swop?

Sure no problem in doing that... I hope they fit your breather piping config though, mine on my engine is a combo from FWD engine and RWD engine.
Hairdresser MX5

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Geez guys, are you serious? Clear cam covers? Have you seen what the insides of your cam covers look like? Unless you've done an engine rebuild recently, it will hardly be worth looking at :roll:
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Vlade wrote:
veecee wrote:

Sure no problem in doing that... I hope they fit your breather piping config though, mine on my engine is a combo from FWD engine and RWD engine.
even better!!! less kak to worry about!

and toby - the inside of mine looks like very finely shredded cam belt shavings. is that bad???

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

No I think they actually referring to the Cam Gear cover :D
Hairdresser MX5

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

yes thats where the shavings hang out! and the lower cam belt cover too!!!

hmmm ???

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Aaahh sorry my bad, i though you meant the tappet covers. Ok makes sense now :oops:
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

daaaamn... makes sense to me now too.

feel like a moron today!

clowns!