Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Re: S2K Track/Street Build

Post by Riekert »

Nice dude.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Rolling Thunder..........

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Just a few pics of my rush job with a cheapy oil catch tank, as its a must with these S2000's around a track where you have long fast right hand turns. Motor sucks oil from tappet cover into the intake manifold.....leaving clouds of smoke! Almost had a heart attack the first time it happened. Didn't know about this problem at first.

Its a cheapy, hoping to make a proper one myself soon. Got a few good ideas from the FULL BLOWN range.

Please excuse the dirty engine bay, was just on a farm that weekend! Small piece of dirt road..... cleaned it after the catch tank was installed.

Ducting from the front spotlight. Bumper is coming off soon to get the the crappy work fixed that a previous owner did on the spots and front lip....... :evil:

Next was some last minute ducting for the last track day. Found these at a local shop, roughly 60mm in size. Just temporarily tipzied the day before the track day. I also cut the dust cover where the tip of the pipe is pointing (not shown in pic).

I tried to keep it pointing as as close to the centre vains on the discs as possible.

So, what difference does it make? Huge is the answer! It helped with cooling of the stock system allot. Without the duckting you could only get about 4 flying laps before the brakes would be toast with brake fade. With these I could do about 8 laps as hard as I could and have very very minor fade by that time.....definitly a worth while mod!
Rolling Thunder..........