Wanted: Nissan 200sx water bottle and light cover.

Want something to buy? This is for you

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Driftmeister
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by Driftmeister »

called him now car was sold ....sorry
he had a low mileage stolen recovery
if you can drive it drift it

POWDER
Club Rep
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Post by POWDER »

Hmmm, the funny thing is, the water bottle is purely there just to catch over flow, it serves no other purpose, thats why the old owner drove it like that, it's just to make sure that water doesnt mess on everything....

Just run a pipe down to the underside of the car from your radiator, plus then ou got some extra space to play with, lol, like a water methanol tank, he he he
Carpe Diemotor - Sieze the motor today
- Nissan 200SX S13 92' SR20DET
http://200sx.za.net/phpBB3/garage_vehic ... cle&VID=14

skinnyguy

Post by skinnyguy »

I also thought that, cuz my bottle also has a hole in it, not as severe though, but I think the idea is to have a sealed system, because now if I drive a little happy footed i have steam coming out there, and I have removed the thermostat valve, it froze closed on me.

without a sealed system the water starts boiling at a lower temperature due to the vapour pressure being lower, if the system is sealed the vapour pressure automatically increases as the water starts steaming and it then suppresses the production of steam, so i also drive around with a water bottle, cuz now my radiator water evaporates and it takes about two to three weeks of evaporation before the water starts getting to a point I have to refill.

Also not having the thermo-valve mabob doesnt help.

I'd rather seal it off or replace with any other bottle that will fit. then again just removing it and sealing off the hole in the radiator will make something else blow if pressure is too high.

maybe there is another cars bottle that will do the job?
2 cents worth.