How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

BigKriss
SX Forumholic
Car: S14
Engine: RB

Post by BigKriss »

ljS14 wrote:Mikes place in CT will have a fat boy box for you :wink:
have one couried up to you ,we all buy our import engines from him .

its worth the hassle as not many importers have them :wink:
You got some details for Mike`s please ?

Dman, yes, wheels are on the cards. When do you require payment by ?
8)

djtreble
Over Boosting
Car: S13

Post by djtreble »

I would like to get all payments in by 15th March so that I can make sure your wheels get on the container. :wink:

Distributor for ROTA wheels South Africa

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

BigKriss
SX Forumholic

Post by BigKriss »

Thats uber cool ! Cash comes in in drips and drabs but will be ok by then..

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

Good stuff

Distributor for ROTA wheels South Africa

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Post by ljS14 »

all the info you need,i would phone though and explain what you looking for ,fat box is 800mm long withe slonted gear shift plate :wink: ,make sure he knows this as you dont want a RB20 box or RB25 neo as its apparently not that strong as fat boy.

http://www.mikesautotech.co.za/
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

neptune
0.3 Bar Boost

[color=red]Neptune reply in red[/color]

Post by neptune »

BigKriss wrote:So, the following is what I need to do to the car immediately .

Change the bloody Ford v6 engine mountings some idiot fitted while doing the conversion ! HTF can you use these for this conversion ?? :roll: :roll:
The conversion was done by Jacques the owner of PPR conversions and i am sure he did hes homework. His workmanship is very good. Replace every bush and rubber on this car. Have ordered all the good stuff from Rez..The steering problem ? A massive trans fluid leak from the steering rack onto the rack bushes. The bushes are fubarred ! We spent alot of time on the bushes and even fitted erergy suspension bushes, the leak must be a new thing.

I bought Subaru Recaros today. These will be fitted.
Seeing as the complete safety restraint system-airbags- were taken out - :roll: -I will now fit a Momo or similar steering instead.
The seats and the new wheel will look good.
A new differential is needed, holding thumbs for the ZX unit I am taking out this weekend. The diff has been completely overhauled by FSR to the cost of R4kThe fatboy gearbox is fcuked. Period. Phoned around today for one but its unobtainum.
Dont know what Ill do here yet. I will find you a box in JHB

This morning the left rear wheel bearing collapsed. So a complete new set of wheel bearings has been ordered from Edenvale Nissan. You do not want to know how much....

Had the chip in the windscreen fixed today and ordered a new windscreen just in case. Ill store it until the fateful day arrives and arrive it will, as true as eggs..

I have already looked at my braking options here and I will most likely use my setup I had done for an Alfa Race car I had earmarked.
My big red Brembos or some mono block Porsche stuff I had already bought..

Any one know where I can buy a full lock set for my car ? The keys are even worn out and dont want to lock and unlock the car that well..
I gave you the original keys including the master key. The locks might be a bit stiff cause it was hardly used. The asian wolf alarm system caters for all the lock and key requirements u can even start the car from the remote.
Some q20 in the lock will do the trick.

So, this is my sorry arsed tale at the moment. Im in too deep so I need to carry on and make her new again..

:(
I am willing to buy this car back if you really as sorry as you sound.
Call me if theres problems.

RB25SX
Over Boosting
Car: R32

Post by RB25SX »

Welcome to the money pit called 200SX :wink:
R32 GTR

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Post by ljS14 »

Alister you know my number :lol:

shit happens and its just Murphy doing his thing as usual :roll: ,it always seems to happen after you sell a car :oops:

BigKriss ,keep doing your thing and you will have plenty awesome hours behind the wheel , it sounds like you building a MONSTER :twisted:
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

P3g4sus
Club Drifter
Car: Supra
Engine: 2JZ

Post by P3g4sus »

ljS14 wrote:Alister you know my number :lol:

shit happens and its just Murphy doing his thing as usual :roll: ,it always seems to happen after you sell a car :oops:

BigKriss ,keep doing your thing and you will have plenty awesome hours behind the wheel , it sounds like you building a MONSTER :twisted:
Murphy murphy murphy...

If I ever catch him, I will Castrate him a spoon!

My feeling is, When I buy a Car, even Shanes one, I will change stuff on it, not becouse there is something wrong, Just personal prefrence, and Peace of mind, We are still talking about a "Oldish" car here.

Just my 2c's.

And not sying there is anything wrong with your car, just using as an example Shane ;)
Power is nothing without control,
Control is not fun without power.
Traction is over rated. :twisted:

BigKriss
SX Forumholic

Post by BigKriss »

Alistair, No problems with you bud !! Really, no hassles with you. and no, you will not buy the car back unless it for a serious premium ! :wink:

I am quite prepared to do work here and sort these things out. Im not bitching here, there is just a bit more to be done than I thought.

Chommies ?? :)

I need to have the car my way. Right now if I took her to a track day she will probably kill me.
Dont hassle about the diff and box, Ill sort that all out.
I really think you have been screwed over with the car in the past. In fact, I know you have. R4K for the diff ? It leaks like crazy and the lsd is shot.
Driving into my driveway I have to go in straight. If I go in scew the one back wheel lifts and the car stops and the free wheel simply spins in the air.

What I have realized is that the car is an old car that needs a lot of tlc. I reckon another what I paid for it should sort it completely.

Alistair, once again, I believe you had no idea of all this and I do not hold you responsible at all. Were cool bud. And I want you to still visit when you come up..

Ill keep the Ford v6 mountings to show you..
:wink:

neptune
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by neptune »

BigKriss wrote:Alistair, No problems with you bud !! Really, no hassles with you. and no, you will not buy the car back unless it for a serious premium ! :wink:

I am quite prepared to do work here and sort these things out. Im not bitching here, there is just a bit more to be done than I thought.

Chommies ?? :)

I need to have the car my way. Right now if I took her to a track day she will probably kill me.
Dont hassle about the diff and box, Ill sort that all out.
I really think you have been screwed over with the car in the past. In fact, I know you have. R4K for the diff ? It leaks like crazy and the lsd is shot.
Driving into my driveway I have to go in straight. If I go in scew the one back wheel lifts and the car stops and the free wheel simply spins in the air.

What I have realized is that the car is an old car that needs a lot of tlc. I reckon another what I paid for it should sort it completely.

Alistair, once again, I believe you had no idea of all this and I do not hold you responsible at all. Were cool bud. And I want you to still visit when you come up..

Ill keep the Ford v6 mountings to show you..
No problem dude :lol:
Ive had the car for just more than 3yrs and prob done about 5000kms i loved that car
:wink:

BigKriss
SX Forumholic

Post by BigKriss »

Boet ! I have done more than 5K km in two weeks !!
:D

BigKriss
SX Forumholic

Post by BigKriss »

Help me out here please guys..My car`s wiper system does not work in the intermittent mode any more.
Neither do the wiper blades stop at the base of the windscreen when you switch them of. I have to time it manually by hand to get them to stop at the bottom. I presume there would be some kind of plug in unit or box that controls this all
Where will it be situated and has anyone got one for me ?
This is one feature I really would like to get working properly again..

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

should be in the front next to the ABS pump. I think thats the controller box for the wipers. if it is I have a S14 one for you.
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Diff done by FSR? Mister Faheem? No wonder its leeking! :lol:
Rolling Thunder..........