Front Speakers

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Gary57 »

When I had a look last night it didnt look like there was anyway of fitting 6x9s in the doors.

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/65-s ... t1677.html
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/183809

mmm, looks like 6.5 split is the more popular way
just to get ideas...

anyway, i also think 6x9's make creepy sound - i hear voices that tell me to kill people (it is quite disturbing (yet funny) if you find out that you've accidentally torn three peoples nipples completely off the previous night, plus that cop car in your garage that's still flashing this morning)

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Gary take the existing mold out with the speaker, remove it then mark where the 5.25" speakers magnit will touch and cut that out,mark new holes and walla, I have 5.25" in my door at the moment with the mold cut like I said.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

A tip: just be careful that the speaker magnet doesn't hit the glass window on it's way down.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Thanks Toby....I thaught that was obvios....

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I think VeeCee should fit some 6.5" mids and do another How-To so I know.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I am planning to put in my 6.5" splits some time then I will do the how to thing if someone else didn't yet.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I will hopefully put new speakers in this weekend. Ill try do the how to thing.

WooHaa
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by WooHaa »

I'm abit envious.
I don't even have a radio :(
I do have the standard speakers tho. maybe I should just hook up a karaoke machine in there instead......hhhmmm.
I can do a How to on that. 8)
Steer From the Rear !!

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

I don't even have a radio
Like Vlade is saying: "Weight saving". :lol:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

That is 1 of the main reasons I amd hesitating to put in all my expensive equipment....I'll ad another +-60 kg's.....that will not be friendly to my car

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:I think VeeCee should fit some 6.5" mids and do another How-To so I know.
too late she cried!!!!

its done, i've got that t-shirt, and there was not a camera in sight, but what i could do is strip out my equipment, start again and take some pics. but that would cost a few beers.

another thing - widow - you wierd. sometimes i think you should be locked up!!!

another thing - 6x9's are crap in my opinion. but i have no fact to back it up.

i installed 6.5" splits. the mids replaced the original crappy things, i threw the molds out long before that, so i didnt have to modify.

i first installed them with makeshift spacers. this was to prevent the magnets hitting the glass when down - as toby referred too. it worked mostly, but when you closed the door with the windows down, they rattled against the magnets. the speaker suspension rubber was also touching the door card, so it sounded distorted at high volume.

instead i removed them, built a fancy spacer out of 12mm MDF, and attached that with self-crapping screws to the door frame. the spacer was fancy because it fits in there with modding the door card clips and things.

i then cut a hole into that and mounted the speaker to that. no problem. no touching on glass, no touching on door panel, very solid, and no distortion...

but... i had to remove the original speaker covers, and trim the hole into a round shape that matched the mids... i haven't gotten around to covering the ugly holes yet.

and i mounted the tweeters at the top of the door card!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

forgot to mention:

still have the template that i used. and the template was 12mm MDF, the cutouts that actually were fitted to the door were produced from 16mm MDF board.

shot!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I think I will try get some 6.5" mids in there.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:I think I will try get some 6.5" mids in there.
for you, i'll take a photo of the template that i used with a ruler of some sort, so you get an idea for dimensions.

its a strange shape, but it worked for me. the 6.5's sound great, but i've had to modify my door cards - important point that. i couldnt use the original speaker mesh covers!