Demigod...The hopefull quest for more...

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Post by Draco »

Charlvdw wrote:Looks good would like to see it in real live. Sunday.
Maybe saterday....

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

So....was suppose to pick up the car on Saterday morning, got there and found that they did not go on because the oil drain flange/pipe did not fit, luckely smart racing was open so I got that done and brought it to them.

Then I left to get a selicone reducer from turbo to air intake, got back and the oil drain was welded and fitted, waited around a while bacause it was saterday and the cars came in for exhausts and so on...

At long last we could jump in full force, got the manifold on and soon found that getting the bottom nuts in was a mission, a copper nut does not even fit on the 2 furthest ends of the mani. you have to use normal size nut to get it in, now it's just not getting it in, you have to pull the manifold away slightly to get the studs(that had to be shortened) to allow space for the nut to go in and try and get it to catch....after about an hour or so we accomplished that :roll:

Then we started the process of fastening, we could not get washers in because there was not space, after tightening a while we found that the nut was pulling into the mani stud hole, so we had to loosen it again, we knew that getting a washer in was close to impossible so it was decided to slot a washer for the 2 furthest studs and somehow force it in, which we did after a lifetime.... :evil:

Then we could tighten it, after that we had to fit the wastegate, after struggeling another lifetime we could not get one of the bolts in to tihgten the wastegate, it was then decided that the holes had to be bigger to get the bolt to lighn up, after a lifetime to get that done we started struggeling again to fit the wastegate, I relaised that the wastegate flanges was not lighning up 100% and thats why the one bolt did not want to fit...so after a bit of wedging :roll: we could get that fitted.

Then it was only the exhaust on the bottoms flange that had to be cut and turned and welded, that was done but we left it to cool because we did not want the flange to wap so we went upstairs so long...forgot to mention that to get the manifold to fit we had to remove the power steering and bracket, the 3rd bolt under mani could not be fitted because it would stop the mani from pulling flush, so that was removed....now we had to get the bracket and power steering back in....after a lifetime that did not work...so we had to take the power steering apart, I wanted to ditch the powersteering all together but they said not the hell...so after another lifetime that was taken apart and the bracket fitted without the 3rd bolt...and then the rest of the pump was assembeld.

We then started with the top boost pipe...cut it and planned what we were gonna do...by then it was already almost 8pm and it was realized that there was still about 2 hours worthe of work...there still had to be a support bracket made for the mani, had to get the boost pipe bends right and weld, air intake with filter and then we had to let the car idle for a while and let it cool to pull the mani again to be as sure as we could that it would not blow....so it would carry on till midnight so we decided to call it quits...

Keep in mind the 2 guys working with me were both past their 50's and the shop had to close at 1pm....

the pics:

Last edited by Draco on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

Looks good.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Next thing....after all this is done....remove the freaken abs and the aircon compressor!!!

Thanks Charl...

Adrian
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Adrian »

That post must have been harder to write up than do all the work hahahaha
Looks awesome though

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Thanks...the writeup was torture...reminding myself of all the torture it took...

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Almost done!!

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

You not gonna leave the oil feed there are you?

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

No....that is not the plan....it's to short to bring it from the front.....but that will change soon.

Also...the boost pipe will be polished again to be chrome and obveously the cable ties and stuff will go.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

The car was finished, went to pic it up and decided to just go and make another oil feed pipe, got back fitted that and fitted the vacuum pipes for the wastegate....

The car is idling all cockeyed I presume because of the bigger turbo but decided to check spark on coils, all good, then while replacing the coil pack cover, I see oil....dripping....hoist the car and what do you know...the bluddy oil return is leaking somewhere either on the flange or welding....so it stands till that can be sorted.... :evil:

On the good side....no manifold leaKS :lol:

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

:lol: :lol: :twisted: I have my car!!!

Must say, sounds sweet, fuelling is way out though....don't really understand, bigger turbo ? supposedly means more air and that translates to lean mixture....not the case....the car is overfuelling like a mofo...dark smoke clouwding the sky while I was driving home.

Thanks freddy for the help bringing the other car!!

So if my logic and limited knowladge is anything to go by....the T28 flowed more....but while the were working they pulled on the harnas from the CAS nad I picked up a very bad connection....whether it was there before or just caused by the new install i don't know....but I made a plan just to get the car home....better connection might mean the voltages to the injectors is now what it should be and thats the reason for fuel...

Any ideas?

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Had some limited time this weekend, soldered all the wires that I made up just to get me home, fastened battery properly and with some help over the phone from Charl sorted the fuel pump relay.

Then I started the car, first start was always dodgy before, idled very low and blowed white smoke untill hot, now I udjusted the engin and air temp compensation as well as the battery voltage compensation....

Now when I start, idles good and the only "smoke" you can see is steam as the exhaust warms up, idles and starts very good in cold temps. So all the adjustment of the compensation maps seemed to do the trick, also adjusted the fuel acceleration trim maps.

Couldn't drive over the weekend, the normal issues , so I decided to drive it to work today, on lower revs starting to boost has hesitation....according to data logging might be little lean there,,,,but when it really goes into boost...whalla....a bit lean now after I leaned all the compensations but is boosting like a mofo, did not have a clue where the boost would be...according to fong kong guage way over 1.5 bar ...according to wolf 22.4 psi....

That is a bit to much....but let me tell you one thing, climed on the highway and gave enough pedal to get the boost going and I accelerated to 220 in no time...took my foot off and started to brake...got to 120 again and saw this super bike come in next to me, obveously he saw me when I climed on the freeway and started pulling....just pulled up next to me shaking his head in appreciation and giving me the thumbs up!!!

Now it's getting her to the dyno and getting the boost right and the tuning spot on....

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Dyno booked for tomorrow!!!!

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac

Post by Charlvdw »

I can only smile.

Adrian