Hello everyone from Zimbabwe Need help with my Gtr34 engine

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

should the builder cover the cost of all spares and labour

yes
64%
no
36%

Total votes: 11

poizen
200SX Maniac
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Post by poizen »

i think this guy is mugabe's son with the amount of cash he has hahahah glad i got out that country its either eat people or get eaten bwahhh just kidding heard it getting better i hope
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

nirvash
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by nirvash »

like ljs14 said.

will be your best bet.

you wont have to go forged, but if you going to be rebuilding it you mite as well it wont work out that much more expensive, to a degree...
Time to nut up or shut up. RB25DET S13 (sold)

Current. CA18DET S13

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

Stuck between a rock and hard place

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

So Zimbabwe as we know it is coming right yes indeed at a snails pace which is better then none, i borrowed the money from all over to buy the car and im paying back all over at the moment and its not a cool thing, but i love the car i have always wanted a Gtr 34 and this is my pride and joy, i really feel like a complete useless %unt it makes me wonder what other people all over the rest of the world do in these types of situtations.

I have some good knowledge of building motors. i am learnin more by reading and i am seriously thinking of rebuilding this myself....
I have posted on Gtr.co.uk and asked for a teacher to learn how to build a skyline engine and guess what .... i was told in simple plain english that im an idiot and i cannot do it.

So i have my corolla levin AE86 it has a 4age series 1 motor and its a little poked smoking badly, so im going to give it a shot and rebuild it and rebuild it till i get it right no point in me wishing i could learn to build motors when i can jump into the deep end and learn how to swim with out drowning.

I feel so depressed guys this has got to be the most helpless feeling its like having cancer and not having any hope of getting better ...... only not as bad but something like that...

I figure i have a semi list of a build that i know will be good and at this stage for the price of building one powerfull engine i think i can get about three short block assemblys and two good tomei oil pumps and some turbos and then i can build the engines one by one until i get one right.

Rob did think about coming to africa and so did the boys from abbey motorsport as well.

GTART.co.uk have mentioned that they can come out and are prepared to build the motor for me for around 12 000pounds so that means i still have to add the followin on top.
turbos 4 grand
clutch 3 grand
few other odds and extras 1 grand
to add on top of the build ....

So im not sure what to do guys i really need some keen advice throwing about 250 000ZAR into a car that you paying off for is alot of money and frankly i mean i can do it for cheaper if i know how.
If only i was born in japan lol....

Any one want to brainwash me and teach me nismo and rb26dett engine building as a language...

aep886
SX Forumholic
Car: S14

Post by aep886 »

do some self study and build it yourself... like most of the ppl do here

Tobie
0.5 Bar Boost
Engine: RB

Post by Tobie »

Hi man, been following your story on the other forums, I would say, start by studying this thread:

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/show ... hp?t=57563

Also the skylineowners.com is more of a DIY group of people, and they will be more helpful on topics you battle with.

Just keep your questions to the point (short simple to the technical point), and try not to explain the whole situation all over again, as it seems every one reads differently into what you are saying.

Begin at a point and start to work your way through it.

Start with the head or the bottom end, take as much pictures of your build as posible and post it up, this way you will get the ball rolling.

Good luck.

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

interesting

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

Hi Tobie, thankyou for that information though i am still very scared to try and build this motor by myself.
My Misses recons i got one more shot this or we throw the car away.
After getting some mad pricing from Rips nz i cant imagine having a motor built by him.
So im back at square one.
Do you own your own Gtr32.
Where do you source your spares from if you dont mind me asking.
Have you built your own motor ?

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

your opinions needed

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

Well is been a hectic couple of weeks .
I have had funerals prangs and a flu from hell well more like a viral flu it wasnt funny tried to kil me.
So my ae86 is a bit screwed and it wasnt my fault just waiting on insurance so i can claim back and get my spares and get the 20v build and transplant on the way hec 16v was a blast but i need a more responsive motor so 20v black top 4age here i come.

Any ways i have noticed that some people have used the poll and recommened that i go back to the engine builder.
I got a call from a good friend yesterday, he recons why did i go and post all that information about Steve clarke......... Thats not good !!!

Well truth be told he built my motor and has walked away with not even a look back to say let me help you....
When i approached my Clarke and asked him what can we do to sort this problem i have out he said ....
We can put a Nissan Diesel patrol crank shaft into my engine and good block and build from there ( i asked what can you bring to the table )
So would any good engine builder want to put a tata engine into a evo because it would work ????
Frankly i wasnt amused by this, sure his labour was going to be free to rebuild this engine but i broke a complete motor then had to go out a buy another complete motor again per say....
First engine that Mr Clarke built threw a rod out the block with extensive damage to

Head
Block
Crank shaft
Conrods
piston mangeled and mashed into mash potatoe.

So hence i would have thought my engine builder would have come back with more then just a cup of tea and a diesel crankshaft ....

Would any of you feel the same way let me know what you think and your thoughts and comments what would you do in the same situtation???

aep886
SX Forumholic

Post by aep886 »

you need a F20C in that AE86 not a 4AGE 20v
and get a RB26 crate engine for the R34

Daniel
200SX Maniac

Post by Daniel »

Without having read through this whole thing.

Have you tried NXgen? Theyre probably not cheap, but if your getting pricing from RIPS they have to be loads cheaper than that?
sig[/sig]

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Post by ljS14 »

From my experience NO tuner/builder is going to replace your motor for free ,It just not the way they do business or they would be bankrupt as shit happens with motors .There is too many things that can go wrong that the excuse can be.There has been a few guys names dragged through the mud on this and other forums when the tuner/biulder walked away and said its not problem

Getting the labour for free is fair on his part,At least he is not telling you to piss off completely that some of the guys will do.

I am not sticking up for him i am just stating a fact that this is how MOST maybe not all the tuners/builders work in SA been right or wrong is another matter.

Buy a motor from an importer and tell Steve Clark to sort it out ,it will cost R22K for the motor only then.Hopefully the bolt-ons are in good nick and you good to go.

Or buy the parts for a high hp motor and get him to build it free of charge

My 2c
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

Tobie
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by Tobie »

That 2.9L diesel crank jobbie works well if done right, not many okes have tried this in masses, but in Japan it works beautifully.

You have to modify the main cap girdle and block and conrods extensively though.

But this is the problem, I think rather stick to less complicated things so that less can go wrong.

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

I didnt realise this post had gotten so much attention thank

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

I didnt realise this post had attracted so much attention.
My apologies for not responding sooner.
Thankyou all for the responses, it all counts every single one of them ..
Even the Honda engine post going into my ae86 ... sorry bud i cant get a honda motor here and even if i did mapping it and getting it to run in this country is not possible.

Cheers for the heads up tobie about the diesel crank but that doesnt sound like the crank that My man steve speaks about from what i know and i havent confirmed this yet but he wouldnt have to modify any girdles or caps or rods the crank needs slight machining and will work straight off the cuff....

Its tough to say who is right ... who is wrong fact is fact this is not a ordinary car and not a normal motor, its high performance we talking here.
So with a high performance engine comes risk and that risk has been taken and bang went the engine sadly.
Steve is a good lad, im just really upset that something like this had to happen .... maybe if he wasnt so busy and under pressure to build this particular engine it might have lasted, i dropped off the car, flew back home and asked him before i left how long..... he reckoned about 6 weeks to get it back to scratch .... and thats what i gave him.
From what i know and heard the engine was being put in the car the night before i flew back to South africa for steve to pick me up at the air port ...

What a rush i mean the guy promises something, delivers the goods and they werent quite cut out to last the life span intended....

I will try again and speak to him about what we can come up with but i dont think im going to bring my car to sa to be built and toyed with.

ive found some new info that many skyline fans will enjoy about rebuilding a rb26dett and the info comes from a pretty good source.

How i came across this isnt funny though, i was searching for high quality detailed pictures of a tomei oil pump drive assembly as i believe that the assembly is a three colar design as apposed to a two colar like the standard oil pump. The tomei is the best in the world no doubt but the price :(

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/top ... b-rebuild/

Now this has some good info and tells it how it is.
Mat also recons that building this engine can be done any where .

Its just a case of learning all the tips and tricks now so thart when its built its 100% .

So i need to get a set of garrett gt 2871r's -10 i think
A i need to get a Nismo twin plate clutch assembly.

Then i will worry about the motor .

I can get a good motor off the yahoo japan auctions for a used Gtr34 motor you will pay roughyl 2500 usd in japan then shipping via container another like 300 usd.

So i have to really think about this and see what options i have.
I will only really start building next year some time closer to september if everything goes to plan but for now i need to research as much info as i can to rebuild as this option seems like the cheapest and easiest, and probably the most logical .
Who is in for a rebuild with me :) ??????

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

I guess no one ?

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

Lol i guess no one is in for a rebuild with me ?
Its ok i will try give it a shot on my own again maybe ?

regy05
0.1 Bar Boost

Re: I guess no one ?

Post by regy05 »

ZimNismoboy34 wrote:Lol i guess no one is in for a rebuild with me ?
Bro try to do it your self. im from Mozambique i have a silvia s13 and here we don't have professional engine builders so im gonna do it my self, i have imported the parts from Australia.

Tobie
0.5 Bar Boost

Re: I guess no one ?

Post by Tobie »

ZimNismoboy34 wrote:Lol i guess no one is in for a rebuild with me ?
We are all willing to help you online and awaiting the build pics, so you can ask away if you battle with something.