Hello everyone from Zimbabwe Need help with my Gtr34 engine

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

should the builder cover the cost of all spares and labour

yes
64%
no
36%

Total votes: 11

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

Hello everyone from Zimbabwe Need help with my Gtr34 engine

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

Hello Fellow nissan fans as you can imagine ive been guided here by a fellow member from a far far away forum and decided to give this a shot.
I have a nissan skyline gtr34 Vspec II Nur.
I had my first engine go bang after a gentleman from Nosweat built it ...
Sadly the engine ran a bearing and needed a rebuild and i landed up with a rod going through my block shortly after (3500kms)
He hasnt made a plan for me under the tuner agreement per say and lets just say all i have a from him is a free engine rebuild, no compensation in terms accepting a free Deisel crank from a patrol a presume that he says will fit but nothing else.....
So i bought a second engine from japan Nur spec and that died too ...
Why im not sure but something about a clutch adjustment and the center bearing was loaded so it was eating at the crank and the thrust washer and the crank ended up walking.

I now have a lovely car that has more parts damaged then when i started ..

I have a good block and a semi good head thanks to material flowing through the oil and damaging the thrust face of the bores and pistons.
The head has some deep scares that will need line boring as well not sure which machine shop in sa that can do this to perfection ??

Now the hard part both my turbos are shafted and i will need new ones as the bearing cores are damaged due to bits of metal being passed through them during the run in process.

I also need a new clutch assembly as dynamic balancing balanced my dual mass flywheel and it was not done correctly and would vibrate at load and highish rpm so that also contributed to cooking my engine .

I was thinking of sending my engine to a builder in New zealand rob ward at rips but the costs involved are looking well into the 25 000usd bracket if not more because of all the odds and ends required to do the build.

Is there any one in south africa other then no sweat that can build my engine and give me a warranty.

I would like to note that i have a aftermarket ecu that i would like to use its a HKS F-con Vpro which i beleive can be mapped by NXgen ??

Im really stuck and as ive blown about 20 grand us already im pretty depressed.

I want build the motor myself not sure if i can but thats why im here i need as much advice as i can get.
I dont know of any good engine builders in sa not because i dont want to but because i dont live in sa .
Secondly i need this engine done properly so that i can make at least one 200sx meet in sa i want to be a part of the action and come and share all the nissan experience with you all.

ive learnt alot about the do's and donts of R34's but i guess its not enough to get this car running right.

I can believe that there must be a God type engine builder in sa that doesnt work under pressure like some that i know and make mistakes.

As you can imagine i had fitted brand new ARP bolts to my engine with the advice of Nosweat but unfortunately " one bolt might have been over tightened or undertightened and caused the failure" exact words of the builder.

All the builds over seas are looking at nothing less then about 15 thousand usd .....

Its amazing how a build can cost as much if not more then buying a car in its own right this is absolutely crazy man .

I know a bit not alot ive never built a engine on my own but i guess nothing impossible .

Let me know what you guys think i hope to hear from you all and have your opinions heard about this matter.

Thanks for reading and peace out for now cheers
Adam

RB25SX
Over Boosting
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by RB25SX »

Why not import a stock RB26DETT (R34 GTR) engine ? Call Mike at 0215340070, he should be able to get u a engine.
Also available is a RB26DETT - N1 engine (hks upgrades) @ R80 000. pm me if u are interested.
R32 GTR

Sparco_pro2000
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by Sparco_pro2000 »

i wanted to buy your car last year some time, its the White one right?

aep886
SX Forumholic
Car: S14
Engine: SR

Post by aep886 »

the best is sell your R34 without the RB26 to me... i wil fix it^^ in no time bro...

nirvash
1.0 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by nirvash »

for an RB26DETT engine+box is around
R30k right from mikes place?
Time to nut up or shut up. RB25DET S13 (sold)

Current. CA18DET S13

andre_sx
Over Boosting

Post by andre_sx »

but is it the r34 engine

nirvash
1.0 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by nirvash »

na, but if you want to get an r34 engine the N1 engines i think they are, they will cost big$$$$$

if he wants to stick with the N1 engine then a rebuild would be quite abit cheaper i think

but hey, an RB26 is an RB26 in my mind, but it completely depends on the person.....
Time to nut up or shut up. RB25DET S13 (sold)

Current. CA18DET S13

aep886
SX Forumholic

Post by aep886 »

Vspec II Nur-spec is the N1 block... and it the strongest block...
Nur = Nurburgring

N1 turbo
N1 block
N1 piston
N1 oil pump
N1 water pump

how the hell did you ran a rod through the block?
coz nobody build engine better then the N1

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

I love your guys responses keep them coming

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

Well the car was for sale, but ive decided i wont sell any more i cant let my heart and sole of the Jdm car i have loved and still love go sorry guys i just cant sell it any more.
I was fed up and upset by the whole thing brreaking.

I have enquired about a few options and most high performance engine builds are in the region of about 20 000Usd.
From Rips racing in new zealand.
From Gtart in uk about 12 000 pounds not sure about the rest.

Then a nismo fine spec engine from japan thats just a long block assembly no turbos and instakes and turbos so basically it has the following.
N1 block
N1 pistons
n1 oil pump
N1 water pump
Nismo timing belt

other odds and ends but most is the same as standard with the acception of the bearings and timing belt and crank shaft balanncing
This price is rough but around 14 000usd.
And the final option is the Nur spec long block assembly .
from japan brand new thats the same as above less the nismo stuff and this doesnt again have turbos and odds and extras and no sensors
The cost of this is 11 000usd.

From what i can tell my block andheads are ok but the rest is bad tuerbos and other odds and ends.
Not sure whats wrong with my reply but my typing seems to be affecting my screen and making my post jumpo up and down at the bottom of the posting window.

aep886
SX Forumholic

Post by aep886 »

why go RIPS in NZ?
ask Sochi from ST hi-tec in AUCKLAND... he is the man who build my S15 with HKS 2,2 stroker and GT3037S-pro

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

funny i have a cousin in law in nz who mentioned his name

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

its funny you say that name apparently he used to do r and d at nismo in japan am i right.
so is he really good maybe i can rope him in and build the motor there then send it back here for fitting but i need help with the fine details in fitting as it may seem i broke my last engine becausde of improper clutch adjustment??

aep886
SX Forumholic

Post by aep886 »

RIPS owns a GTR runs 10 second... Sochi has GTR with 515kw when i was in NZ few years ago... but sochi tuned more GT-R's almost every GT-R goes into ST hi-tec for dyno in auckland, New zealand

ZimNismoboy34
Slipping Clutch

options and alot of them all costly

Post by ZimNismoboy34 »

i should give him a shout and see what he says cause baring all the info ive just gotten that would be an ideal top bloke to do the job lets see what we can get done by him and if he might be willing to come down here and help install tune etc....

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Post by ljS14 »

Why dont you get a RB26dett from a importer and have a respected builder forge it for you ,you will save BIG money .

There are two people in sa i would trust with my life to build up a RB26 ,Rezlo and Rudeboy . Rudeboy is busy building a monster for his GTR R32 on this forum
http://200sx.za.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Get hold of these guys and ask how much it will cost to build you a motor,You will save a fortune :wink:
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Re: options and alot of them all costly

Post by ljS14 »

ZimNismoboy34 wrote:i should give him a shout and see what he says cause baring all the info ive just gotten that would be an ideal top bloke to do the job lets see what we can get done by him and if he might be willing to come down here and help install tune etc....
Please dont take this the wrong way :wink: but are you seriouslly thinking one of the most respected tuner/builders in the world is going to travel half way around the world to Zim to come sort your car out :shock: :roll:
Its like asking the Top Secret or Rips to come to Zim to set up your car :wink:

And if this does happen how deap are your pockets cause it will cost you your house in paying for there time only not to mention the build itself.
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8