How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

RB25SX
Over Boosting
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Re: Kaihatsu Factory S14 Silvia

Post by RB25SX »

Daniel wrote:Oh the usual choice then lol.

Just wondering, I would like some coilovers at some point. But I would like a softer setup, 6 front and 4 or 5 rear.
Just for street use
BC suspension can be ordered with what ever spring rate u want at no extra cost.
If u want harder than their stock spring rate, they will also revalve the shocks to fit the spring rate.
Sold about 300 sets in 3 years, with no warranty claims on BR or V1 series up to date. Thats value for money :wink:
R32 GTR

djtreble
Over Boosting
Car: S13

Post by djtreble »

As above and can be ordered by popping me an email to info@kaihatsu.co.za

Distributor for ROTA wheels South Africa

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

So the CA18 box with the SR bellhousing went in, went to fetch some tyres and we were back at Killarney for the Second Round of the Drift Africa Driver Search on 8th September, and what an event it was for the Kaihatsu Silvia.

First off the replacement box turned out to be very smooth and snapped gear with no crunching, then we made a few quick adjustments to the damping on the car and headed out for some practice........WHAT AN AMAZING CAR!!! Not to blow smoke up my own ass but the car is so well setup now with the new coilovers and settings.

The car ran entries at much higher speeds, held angle, gripped and smoked up like never before!!!

A few practice runs turned into quite a spectacular with one that really stood out for me, my run against Webb in practice where if judged, I would have taken it! I was leading and Webb straightened but the rest of the run was so nice and so close and to this day I am still having people congratulate me for one of the best runs they have seen in a while!

Following this though my adrenaline was through the roof, and in a 3 car tandem I came in way to quickly and planted my car in the infamous Killarney run off, as can be seen a bit here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151113190997740

And the aftermath:

Luckily no permanent damage, just some bodywork, so dusted myself off and headed out again to do my qualifying runs. I was not very consistent in my opinion on the qualifying runs but still managed a 89 and qualified 5th, my best result in SA to date so I am no doubt on my way up and the car is helping me a lot with its new setup and those awesome BC coilovers.

Unfortunately due to delays and time ticking on, the competition could only run the top 4 in tandems and I just missed out on that! But next time round I will be giving it my best in qualifying to guarantee my runs in tandem!

The car got a quick wash and the kit refitted and we headed out to Killarney again for a D1S practice during the morning of a Wednesday where I proved once again that the car is a serious contender for the top position, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

This practice showed up a leak on the gearbox and engine so I headed out to Flat Four Racing to get a Oil catch tank which is now installed

Next is to sort out the other leaks, fit a better air filter which I have waiting and get some more tyres for the 3rd October Drift Africa Driver Search Round 3...where if nothing breaks I hope to get a podium position!

See you on the 3rd October for some more mental drifting...Cape Town is killing it!!!

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Drillergy »

Damnnnn, What is this bumper made of????

:mrgreen:

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

PPC aint got shit on this bumper :P

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

DAMN all the good stuff happen when im out of the country! eish. congrats man. i heard the sessions were mad fun for all. lol. i was in Dubai and saw what they called freestyle drifting wich we call spinning .this happens out in Abu dahbi ,Sarjah i miissed the one in Dubai. but must say the arabs are crazy they use 4x4 Patrols, land cruisers with the 4x4 disconnected, most are V8's . on the motrsport program i saw some S13,S14, skylines all going mad on a pitch 5 times the size of killarneys pitch. But must say our local guys would kick there asses. lol.
hey see you at the next event.
sideways forever....

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

Sounds interesting lol
See you soon bud

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

What's happening with the car these days??

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2
sig[/sig]

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

I thought I had updated this thread but I guess not.

The story goes that I went to the Rock Raceway to compete in it after receiving enough cash as sponsorship to send the car up. I went out and battled the whole time with low power as I couldn't have it tuned for the higher altitude which in turn meant I was clutch kicking 3-4 times in one run till just before qualifying the clutch had enough. I striped all the spline teeth on the clutch plate for the gearbox main shaft (only the clutch plate though, the main shaft was fine) ending my weekend early.

After this happened I decided to sell up in parts and start with something new and build a car with less money and more knowledge that I now have.

Since then I built a nice street RB25 S13 which I then sold and I am now in Australia to pursue my drifting and motorsport career to a level that I couldn't in South Africa due to the lack of funds and sponsorship support in SA.

So if you didn't know, now you know.

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

ok kwl good luck!! when you get another drift car be sure to make a build thread and share that knowledge that youve gained
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Drillergy »

Good luck, dude! And keep us posted on what you getting up to in Oz.