* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Another update... should probably just post the lot

Any way... Took it for a spin when we got it running... literately :oops:

First I beached it....

Took it on the road, spun it around, to get back in the complex

looking dirty...

Rear is still high, front is just unpractical low, can't get in or out of our complex without scraping the chassis on the ground, there is no way I'm gonna get around with a bumper on... Will need to make a plan... maybe cement up the driveway one night with some quick set cement :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I had to raise the car as it was just too low... 10mm didn't cut it :cry: tires were still touching body, had to raise it a total of 14mm, tires will still hit the wheel well under a hard corner, but I'll live with it.

So this is how it looks now... Not very happy about the look, maybe some spacers will make it look moar flush :?

Took a hammer to the body, so it won't touch under some load

How Willie temporarily mended the exhaust... africa style... going to get an joint inserted there

Installed some fans... I really wanted to use the ECU's functionality to turn them on, but the harness has no pin for the auxiliary fan switch :evil: and a couple of failed attempts to pull out a pin from some unused wires failed, and I wasn't even sure if the ECU was programmed to switch an auxiliary fan, so I made the most of the old AT override switches.

Did a whole lot of misc shit, like getting the speedo running, engine temp, wipers... takes allot of freaking time.

Safty loops are in... hope it satisfy's the certifiers, if it doesn't meh... will redo it with slightly thicker flatbar (its a rule here in NZ, when you do engine upgrade you need safety loops)

Its got a bonnet now (well it had for the last few weeks, but only fitted last weekend). HID's working again, dunno what was wrong, but upgraded fuses to 35A per channel.

Took apart the cluster to see whats going on in there. As I need to get my rev counter to work on the 6. There is an adjustable POT (Potentiometer), so my guess is that with the right tools (an automotive analyser) I'll be able to recalibrate it. I think.. :|

My Inspiration

It's nearly done bitches...

Some more misc photos

My mates car parked in my garage we fixed it up for him while he was on holiday

Long story short, after 6 weeks of getting grilled by NZ Transport Authority I got my car road legal and can now drive it around... Car has been on the road for 2 months now, its an absolute dream to drive, so much direct feedback.

Being more a race car than an actual road car, it lacks the basics like heaters/cooling/aircon/rear seats/sound damping so its loud, its hard but I always wanted something like this... even if it looks scrappy, I'll eventually paint it, if I don't sell it before then.
Hairdresser MX5

Draco
Forum Whore
Car: S13

Post by Draco »

Judging by that smile the forst drive was a bommer!!!

Great stuff Barend!!!

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Car: S13
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

You cant sell that!!!

Its looking awesome! coming along so nicely. And I dont know why but I love those wheels!
The car in general just looks so hard! I think you have to put up a video.

I want mine to be loud and hard, it must spit flames and noise every gear change and rumble like an angry thundercloud when coasting down through the gears.....

Good work dude
sig[/sig]