S13 SR20DET - clean up.

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Andrew.200SX
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S13

S13 SR20DET - clean up.

Post by Andrew.200SX »

my new beast needs some cleaning up and some decent choices.......... and so it begins.

IF NISSAN MOTORSPORT IS NISMO , DOES THAT MAKE HONDA MOTORSPORT HOMO ?!

poizen
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by poizen »

you dont waste time i like dat hahaha you rape that sx

walls look like silverton radiator workshop
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Nice dude!! awesome stuffs!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Andrew.200SX
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by Andrew.200SX »

Yeah , I just wish it was finished allready , I am a haastige Hansie !! :twisted:

With regards to the walls , it is my business , SUPRO CV BRAKE & CLUTCH.

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Andrew.200SX wrote:Yeah , I just wish it was finished allready , I am a haastige Hansie !! :twisted:

With regards to the walls , it is my business , SUPRO CV BRAKE & CLUTCH.
where you located dude?
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Andrew.200SX
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by Andrew.200SX »

I stay in Kraaifontein , but my business is in Woodstock

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

woodstock

Post by godzilla »

funny thats my neck of the woods(tock), i live off roodebloem rd,3 doors down from the smokie ,opposite the shebeen, behind the HL's Head quarters.........hahahahha,na serious i do live there (well sleep there anyway) .... What's on the clean up list for that sexy sx?
sideways forever....

Andrew.200SX
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by Andrew.200SX »

Pop in when you are bored and come have a look.

Clean up and fix up.........

Car developed a miss , Thought it was head gasket. Wasn't , but now I am going to do valve stem seals and clean everything up. Allmost everything fromt the intake to the turbo manifold was loose or missing studs / nuts.

The engine bay looks shoddy , so I am having it resprayed.
The seats were recovered in leather , but they didn't pay any attention to the contours of the seats , so I am going to have them redone.
The center air vent in the dash (which I need - if you know of anyone) was removed and a row of guages were put in there. That must go.
I am going to finally fit my double din DVD /GPS /TV that I bought for my red SX. All the original speakers were removed ,so I am going to order new ones for the front & rear.

There are still some more things on the list , but I will deal with all the extras when I get there. These cars drive so nicely , that I want to combine the looks , power and style with the original comforts of the extremely comfortable seats , aircon and neatness of not having speakers sticking out all over the place

Andrew.200SX
0.4 Bar Boost

Update

Post by Andrew.200SX »

Hey guys

The engine bay after having it resprayed , cleaning up the motor , replacing all the gaskets , seals , welsh plugs , etc. Looks pretty respectable I think ?
What do you think ? :D :?:
Just excuse the quality and date , the wife has the decent digital camera with her today ! :lol:

Now I am after a decent turbo , the coms cable and software is on it's way from Perfect Power , mapping for 1 Bar ! :twisted:

Kings
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Kings »

Damn thats awesome... Well done Andrew

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Looks good dude!!!

well done! starting my cleaning mission tonite! :D

aka The Overlord

Andrew.200SX
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by Andrew.200SX »

Thanks Guys

Good luck with your clean up Riekert

I just bought another standard , but slightly neglected SX , also white, and within the next month , you will see a nice clean up on that 1 to , and then I will probably sell it. Mechanically , suspension , electrically , interior and body are all in excellent condition. The car just needs some decent cleaning and finesse. The seats in the car don't even have creases in them , it is in such nice condition. I hate seeing bad condition SX's. I have really developed a passion for these cars.

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

ah very nice dude!!

where you pic this one up? I want one but to build a track car with. so doesn't need to bee in good nic. doesn't even need a engine actually! haha

aka The Overlord

Andrew.200SX
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by Andrew.200SX »

There were 2 advertised as bodies , that I wanted to buy to also build a track / drag car , but the people never came back to me. I enquired about 5 , yes , 5 different SX's and the guys didn't even bother coming back to me. So I bought the 2 that I have now.

Some people are very strange. I don't ask for info on a car if I don't plan on owning it.

Anyway , these 2 will keep me busy for a while now.

:P

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Andrew.200SX wrote:There were 2 advertised as bodies , that I wanted to buy to also build a track / drag car , but the people never came back to me. I enquired about 5 , yes , 5 different SX's and the guys didn't even bother coming back to me. So I bought the 2 that I have now.

Some people are very strange. I don't ask for info on a car if I don't plan on owning it.

Anyway , these 2 will keep me busy for a while now.

:P
haha awesome stuff dude!!

Oh I need to come make a stop at your place soon. wanna come check out your rides!

aka The Overlord