Project Z powa! 260Z

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Hotstuff
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Hotstuff »

Hey Mario

There's a dude that lives in Chukker Road, Kenilworth. He collects, strips, sells , restores old Datsuns...

I've often bought parts from him for my Z, ZX and SSS (510).

Unfortunately I dont have any other contact details for you, but I'm sure there are some guys on the Nissan Owners Forum that might know of him and his whereabouts...

Hope this helps
'92 White S13

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Hotstuff wrote:Hey Mario

There's a dude that lives in Chukker Road, Kenilworth. He collects, strips, sells , restores old Datsuns...

I've often bought parts from him for my Z, ZX and SSS (510).

Unfortunately I dont have any other contact details for you, but I'm sure there are some guys on the Nissan Owners Forum that might know of him and his whereabouts...

Hope this helps
Thanks man....I will check it out. However I dont need any Z parts. Car is complete.

Will only need to import some fender flares, front and rear spoiler. And thats that! :shock:
Rolling Thunder..........

NIZAN-R
Over Boosting

J

Post by NIZAN-R »

She is not the CA that could be
She is the CA that IS
(O=O)/RS13\(O=O)
"if you only need one jack to raise your car, then your car isn't low enough"
"EVERYDAY I'M FLUTTERING!"

Kings
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Kings »

Awesome car :D
Good luck with the project

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

why you selling? :evil:
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

:x Rules are in the class I want to run is changing in a very negative way. So half of the mods that I need to do too have a upper hand will be illegal in after a year of racing.

So I will end up going with a different car. Probably a 510 Datto.

Dont want to sell the 260Z, however I cant build 2 cars at the same time! And I need the cash from the 260Z for the other build.

So pissed off regarding these rules that is gonna change! Screwed up all of my plans! :evil:

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

What are the rules that changed??
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Mainly the Homologated rules that is screwing me. Also diff and gearbox rules is limiting me very much!

mario_200sx
200SX Maniac

Post by mario_200sx »

Hi Guys,

I need some help please.

Im looking for a panel beating shop in Cape Town that can do some old school restore work (cutting out bad metal and welding in new).

The panel beater I wanted to use doesnt have space at his place, and I dont have any at mine.

I would try do this myself, however I dont have the space or the tools (mainly need a MIG welder and space). Unless one of you guys have a space I can work with the right tools? :oops:

Please guys help a man out! Hate having the car just standing there...... :evil:

dario21

Recently Completed Datsun 260Z Restore project

Post by dario21 »

i've recently almost completed a restore project on a 1974 Datsun 260z with slight mods e.g interior restored to original spec with slight changes, lowered suspension, sound system, full custom body kit, power steering & minor engine mods, performance exhaust, 18" rims & tyres ...
im just in need of certain parts to fully complete the project e.g dash board,rev counter cluster, twin carbs, indicator switch motor, rear left hand side light cluster, windscreen & windscreen rubbers.
i would post up pictures if i knew how to on this web page...

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Re: Recently Completed Datsun 260Z Restore project

Post by Daniel »

dario21 wrote:i've recently almost completed a restore project on a 1974 Datsun 260z with slight mods e.g interior restored to original spec with slight changes, lowered suspension, sound system, full custom body kit, power steering & minor engine mods, performance exhaust, 18" rims & tyres ...
im just in need of certain parts to fully complete the project e.g dash board,rev counter cluster, twin carbs, indicator switch motor, rear left hand side light cluster, windscreen & windscreen rubbers.
i would post up pictures if i knew how to on this web page...
http://200sx.za.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=179&start=0
sig[/sig]