Boost Gauge

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Boost Gauge

Post by Ero_sennin »

Has Anybody fitted a boost gauge?
Im thinking of getting one and was just wondering to what I would connect it to get the boost reading?
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Daniel
200SX Maniac
Engine: RB

Post by Daniel »

on the nipple on your intake plenum
sig[/sig]

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic

Post by Ero_sennin »

ok where and what is that?
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Daniel
200SX Maniac

Post by Daniel »

ok i cant seem to find a suitable pic. Its that big silver thing where your cold boost pipe fits onto that has the E.C.C.S sticker on. Now on the drivers side is a little copper nipple (wich is probably blocked off by something) Just take a look its not hard to find. Still il try get a pic. Plug your vacuume pipe into that and tada!

or you could tee it into the vacuume pipe for your fuel pressure regulator. It looks like a little space ship round thingy on your fuel rail. (i wouldnt put it their for fear of leaks screwing around your fuel pressure, but it works fine there to)

*pics to come when i can find
sig[/sig]

Daniel
200SX Maniac

Post by Daniel »

Here we go. Hope this helps you out. Best bet is to connect it to that :wink:

sig[/sig]

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic

Post by Ero_sennin »

The handy cellphone camera it looks like.Aaaaa so I was right just now when I checked under the Hood.

One more question in that picture there is a T piece in there One goes to the Boostgauge/boostsenser. where does the other go then?
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Boost Meter

Post by ChemCool »

I am realy careful when I give advice, cause I know nothing, but my experience with the boost gauge is different. I eventually hooked up on the right hand side of the petrol cable pulley. Not left of it according to Daniels pic. I also started from feul pressure at the back, to Daniels e.g. to where I ended up know. I think Nuren(whoo whaa) also has done the same. it seems to me the gauges also differs and respond then differently. I got a cheapy hooked up know working just fine. Was jittering the hell of it self when hooked according to Daniels Pic. I know dereks opinion also differs from me. I have bought a new Auto Gauge Boost meter from AutoStyle. Those black face ones, and again the inst instructions differ. Now there is a added sensor in between and they mention a serge tank as well. Dont ask me what that is. This new meter of mine must sill be installed. Will do soon.
Pic show cheapy hooked up under throttle body towards the front rather. [img][img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187 ... CH0022.jpg[/img][/img]
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Boost meter

Post by ChemCool »

My sequential dumpvalve is fitted to the left of the pulley.
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Ero-sennin, there is a few places you can connect your guage, I am using a different method then Freddy and Daniel but myself and Daniel will get the same result.
With our method you will have vacuum shown on the guage when it is connected, with other words, you will see the guage starts from a -1 or -2 bar going up to 0bar and then on to 1 or 2 bar depending on the guage you bought, the way it should work, that is why the minus counts are there, is when your car idles or you change gears it creates a vacuum rather than pressure, this will register on your guage as - counts and when you gooi mielies it goes into the positive + witch shows
how much you are boosting.

The piepiekie on the intake is actually used for the dump valve but if u t-piece it u can take it to your guage aswell, it will register vacuum and boost.

Daniel
200SX Maniac

Post by Daniel »

the nipple on the right is there for the carbon canistor on Euro spec CA's.
And as Derek said the other pipe leads to the BOV
sig[/sig]

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic

Post by Ero_sennin »

Thanks for all the advice it is much appreciated.
Ill fit that when my car is fixed they are telling my that somewhere on my pipes or intercooler it seems to be leaking.
Maybe Ill just skip the fix and add a FMI and new plumbing
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13