How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

cursed_s13
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Project Cursed

Post by cursed_s13 »

Hey all.

Well here is my project. Please be patient with my project LOL :lol: coz this is a long term project.

Okay, it started on the 13th Aug 2008. That is the day that i bought my baby.

The car had a CA20DET in with a Gotech system.

With in the first week I had the bootspoiler & electrical antenna removed.

A few days after that the thermostat gave in and HG blew. Then I tooked the engine out btw thats me under the car :D

And I replaced it with the standard CA18DET motor that I got from Japan Auto and ran it all from the Gotech

This is the weird part for me. I then had it dyno'd and the std motor gave me about 200km on a full tank and the car was very sluggish! Then a few months later a friend of a friend road tuned the car for me, was still heavy on fuel but it was smooth!!! A while after that I then had it dyno'd again at Racing Boys in Krugersdorp and they blew the std turbo and claimed that the Gotech is faulty... Then I had to improvise! Coz this car is my only transport and I was on a tight budget so from a friend I got a turbo from the RB25 and by feak accident the turbo fitted on the manifold that was on the CA20. So I fitted the whole setup.

Then a friend of my dad suplied me with a Dictator system and he also fitted it for me.

Then I tooked to Ross at RBTS Racing in Jhb and he tuned it for me.
140 rwk @ 1bar in 4th gear

And 344 r nm @1bar in 4th gear
Last edited by cursed_s13 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

I'm interested in the responsiveness of that turbo on the CA motor, what's the specs on that turbo btw?
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

cursed_s13
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by cursed_s13 »

ReeceZ wrote:I'm interested in the responsiveness of that turbo on the CA motor, what's the specs on that turbo btw?
No qlue on the specs...
The ride quality with that turbo - It has a bit more lag, kicks in at about 3500rpm, but when it kicks in you feel lots more punch! Also 5th gear acceleration on the highway is much more responsive.

In my opinion I like the RB25 turbo alot more than the std turbo on the ca18det.

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

I'm gona be in toti this weekend, was wondering if i could meet up with you.

cursed_s13
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by cursed_s13 »

Sorry, I'll only be back from the 27th Nov. Till when are you going to be there? If we can meet up then we can onganize you also a copy of Autodata.

And I havent forgot your copy mical, lol :D

toxic 36

RB25TURBO

Post by toxic 36 »

HOWZIT DONT BOOST MORE THAN .8 THEY DONT LIKE IT

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

cursed_s13 wrote:Sorry, I'll only be back from the 27th Nov. Till when are you going to be there? If we can meet up then we can onganize you also a copy of Autodata.

And I havent forgot your copy mical, lol :D
u coming for the run on the 29th

cursed_s13
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by cursed_s13 »

Would love to make the run. But I cant. Sorry. Got a blown exhaust gasket and a broken leg. haha just my luck

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Well with a name like "Project Cursed", what did you expect? Hehe :lol:

Interesting combo there of turbo and motor. Luckily you live at the coast, otherwise boost would only kick in at 4500rpm probably! I would also be very weary of running high boost like that - temperatures go sky high very quickly and parts last for much less time...
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

cursed_s13
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by cursed_s13 »

Toby wrote:Well with a name like "Project Cursed", what did you expect? Hehe :lol:

Interesting combo there of turbo and motor. Luckily you live at the coast, otherwise boost would only kick in at 4500rpm probably! I would also be very weary of running high boost like that - temperatures go sky high very quickly and parts last for much less time...
Haha the name cursed came a long way with me - since school days with Lan partys :lol:

Well I am currently in JHB and boost comes in from about 3500rpm at the moment - I know the boost is a bit high for the turbo, thats why I dont punch it at the moment, Im keeping the rpm low till I get a boost controller fitted.

But all of this is just temporarily. My Long Term goals are to build a sleeper. I want to redo the whole body - paint the roof black and keep the rest of the body standard. Tinted windows and a nice set of wheels. Then some nice brakes and a street/drift suspension setup and last but not least an SR20DET conversion, or to rebuild my CA20DET...

poizen
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by poizen »

well i met corne today and all i can say is wow what a neat sx stock std never looked so good great engine bay and interior and even better exteriour

i cant wait for us to get the ca20 in and fitted

btw bud im looking for the boost controller i had just realised will work perfec\t for you and it wont go up to 1.5bar boost
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

cursed_s13
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by cursed_s13 »

poizen wrote:well i met corne today and all i can say is wow what a neat sx stock std never looked so good great engine bay and interior and even better exteriour

i cant wait for us to get the ca20 in and fitted

btw bud im looking for the boost controller i had just realised will work perfec\t for you and it wont go up to 1.5bar boost
Thanks buddy :D

poizen
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by poizen »

any time bud now if you free today pop round so we can sort the engin bay out
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

cursed_s13
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by cursed_s13 »

A lil update - :)

Boost controler fitted and now from 1bar down to 0.8 - Power still feels the same! ( Got it from poizen, thanks boet )

Also I got the standard backboard from poizen, he knows how shitty myne was.

And also got the window washer bottle from PFB - Still need to fit it.

cursed_s13
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by cursed_s13 »

Well scrap the CA20DET motor project - My dad sold the motor without telling me, Damn!!!

So atleast he got a good price for it.

Now I want to sell my CA18DET + Box aswell and get myself an SR20DET conversion.

Any ideas what the sr20 motor + box + ecu ect costs? And does anyone know of engine importers on Durban area?