How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

Post by DriftZ »

Only 888 leaves bottles of NOS lying around.. should've rather shoe-horned one of Jason's twin turbo lumina motors into ur SX :)

So then "DOT" who are you.. are you "Guy" by any chance... either way whats the plans .. drift drag?..

PS : who you ordering bits through?

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

Is the Richards bay oval still operating.. been trying to get hold of them? .. and is that oval driftable?

Slipping Clutch

Post by . »

I can neither confirn nor deny my identity, I am .

Yeah trust me, part way through I did consider a V8, but was already committed to the CA18. Next time will be a V8 though, as I do love the sound. Apparently headers and software make the 6L Luminas good for 400hp.

Plans for the CA are autocross, trackdays, and something like time attack if that gets going locally. I'd like to try a bit of drift, but I think I prefer grip driving.

Richards Bay oval track is still going, next event is a club event on the 29th of may as far as I know. It looks driftable, but I haven't been around it myself.

As to ordering bits, I've been doing that myself over the internet, a couple of orders from FRSport in the US, a couple bits from guys here off the forum.
I initially emailed Import parts, NXgen and a couple of other local places to enquire about parts and pricing. Only got a reply from Importparts, and as I got no info on pricing from him decided to rather bring stuff in myself from shops where I could see the exact pricing including shipping before I decide to buy.

poizen
200SX Maniac
Car: S13

Post by poizen »

its very small hey brendan and im sure it still runs i enjoyed watching the sprint cars and the rotary beasts but yes i think the track driftable if you like drifting one angle
''enough rice to feed whole of china''

Slipping Clutch

Post by . »

Bendan, I hear you've been checking my engine out in person.

HANDS OFF!!
:P

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Post by ljS14 »

. wrote:Bendan, I hear you've been checking my engine out in person.

HANDS OFF!!
Another Doctor in da house :roll: :lol: :lol:
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

ljS14 wrote:
. wrote:Bendan, I hear you've been checking my engine out in person.

HANDS OFF!!
Another Doctor in da house :roll: :lol: :lol:
ha ha.. it looks better in the photos.. :) jks.

But if i was a CA fan.. i wouldve lightened your flywheel. and the rest of your goodies :)

,, but instead i just fiddled with your timing.. should run *cough* LEKKER * cough* now :)

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

oh ja.. and fyi.. i finally managed to get hold of the Richards bay Oval people.. apparently they've held drift events there before.. but then the okes who used to drift there all had a fallout with each other and now no-one goes...?? well thats the story they gave me any how, sounds bizare though.

but they reckon Friday nights and Sundays are open for practice :) no entrance fees, but all safety equip has to be at hand - helmets- fire extinguishers etc ... sounds good to me. Will be coming up next weekend to investigate first hand.

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

DriftZ wrote:oh ja.. and fyi.. i finally managed to get hold of the Richards bay Oval people.. apparently they've held drift events there before.. but then the okes who used to drift there all had a fallout with each other and now no-one goes...?? well thats the story they gave me any how, sounds bizare though.

but they reckon Friday nights and Sundays are open for practice :) no entrance fees, but all safety equip has to be at hand - helmets- fire extinguishers etc ... sounds good to me. Will be coming up next weekend to investigate first hand.
i will join when my car is done
Hot Plates are Sexy

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost
Car: S13
Engine: RB

Post by Trance101 »

ditto
RB25 S13 - in a perpetual state of broken-ness...