5th September - Drift finals at The Rock

News about upcoming events

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Toby
Club Founder
Car: S13

5th September - Drift finals at The Rock

Post by Toby »

This is a big one that will showcase the new tracks at The Rock. Shall we do a convoy to this event? Smoothedgp, any chance of organising some parking and tickets?

http://rockracing.co.za/page.php?96

SA first Official Drift circuit to be used on 5th September 09 for the Carnival City South African Slide Masters Drift Challenge Finals

A much anticipated and anxious moment will arrive for owner Tim Stephens and the Rock Raceway team, when the doors of this venue reopens to a bigger, better, faster racing experience after a major face lift to all of the circuits A brand new Drift circuit, Drag circuit, Karting circuit, Moto & Mini Motocross circuits, two stage Rally Sprint circuits have all been constructed for petrol heads to enjoy.

Constructions of these circuits have been an ongoing event without any delays so far, and this is probably a record build by South Africa standards, surprising many people who said no ways it could ever be done in such a short time.

For the drifters this brand new circuit will give competitors a brand new competitive edge as the endless circuit layouts will keep the drifters and patrons guessing what circuit they are going to use next time by.

New drifting challenges will also be on the cards like Drag & Drift, two competitors drag down the drags trip and drift back to the finish line, bringing a whole new game to the table for competitor and spectator alike.

All eyes will turn trackside, as a full house of drifting action will be on the cards when the SA best drifters slide their cars sideways, at Rock Raceway 5 September 2009 for the Carnival City South African Slide Masters Drift Challenge Finals. Smouldering tyre carcases will be the only thing left on the circuit as the guys smoke the tyres to the core! All the favourites on circuit will try and dominate the event and try and persuade the judges that they are the best and should earn the title of top drifter on the night.

Drifters like the “Rock Stig” Jonathan Rudman in his yellow 200 Nissan SX, “MR Rock “ in his Toyota Soarer, “SpongeBob” Roelien in “Snowflake” the Nissan Skyline, “Blue Boy” Mathys in his BMW and “Play Time” Shaun in his Chev SS will all be there to show off their style and skills. I wonder who is going to be the Under Taker. Fans can have the competitors sign their autographs on the favourite photos. For the paintball fans the Rocky Paint Ball courts will also be open.

Mr “Mad” Morn’e from Mad Customs will once again have the M.A.G.P Sound Off Competition event going in the small pit area. All info about the competition will be available from Morn’e on 084 585 0283 M.A.G.P competition entrance fee to be paid at the front gates where you come in.

Brakpan Rotary Club will undertake to man the gates and any donations to the worthy cause will be welcome as they do awesome work within Brakpan community.

Gates open @ 12:00 racing starts at 16:00

Entry to M.A.G.P Competition R40
Adults R40
Children R20
Embankment Parking vehicle only R40

Sufficient food and refreshments will be on sale at the circuit so you won’t go hungry or thirsty. But most of all bring the family, Grand Pa’s, Grand Ma’s, Moms bring the Dad’s and the kids too. The neighbours too must also come!

Di”Rock”tions to the track: N12 head towards Witbank, take the Snake Rd off ramp, turn right, 5th robot turn left into Main Reef Rd, travel straight, keep right over next robot +-3Km, under railway bridge, exit from under rail way bridge turn left into Rock Raceway.

Contact : Office No Tel: O11 740 8315 / 740 1206 / Abie Sada 082 453 8271
Email: rocking@rockracing.co.za

Rock Raceway - Where the action is!
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

smoothedgp
SX Forumholic
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by smoothedgp »

will try and get something going on that front,keep checking post for details...
στη ζωή δεν υπάρχουν προβλήματα. μόνο λύσεις

http://www.jdmsyndicate.co.za

1992 Black Gtr32
2005 530d

smoothedgp
SX Forumholic

Post by smoothedgp »

Hi Fred

Sorry only getting back to you now, our electricity has been off the whole day, some cables have been stolen - it's crazy they reckon us it takes the Technical team 24 hours before they'll come out, it's scary. Luckily Tim has just bought another huge generator.

Fred, they moved the very big grandstand to the top embankment, our space is EXTREMELY limited - if I can block off a double parking for let say a gazebo and enough space to sit around, I will not be able to accommodate all the club cars on the embankment. What we can do is park the club cars in the pits as a display and as I said give you a double parking bay on the embankment. I've got to condense the space as we only have the one side now and plus the big 20m stand is also there now.

We will permit the driver to come in for free the rest in the vehicle pay. Please let me know registration numbers again if possible in order for me to make up a list for the gates. Any private cars other than the Nissans will have to park in the VIP area - the area just threw the pay offices past the remote control track on the left or onto next to the old rail line.

If we get a quick minute or two Saturday we can chat about your event otherwise we'll have to make other arrangements
Regards
ANN BAKKES

So guys get your info to me asap!

1992 Black Gtr32
2005 530d

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Are they going to have drag races on saturday? if so rules and clothing?

smoothedgp
SX Forumholic

Post by smoothedgp »

not as far as i know

1992 Black Gtr32
2005 530d

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

ok....thats a No....just drifting....

Stephen Swanepoel
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by Stephen Swanepoel »

Draco wrote:Are they going to have drag races on saturday? if so rules and clothing?
That would be Funny
Drag races at a Drift National. hahahaha

smoothedgp
SX Forumholic

Post by smoothedgp »

are you coming thru stephen?

1992 Black Gtr32
2005 530d

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

A much anticipated and anxious moment will arrive for owner Tim Stephens and the Rock Raceway team, when the doors of this venue reopens to a bigger, better, faster racing experience after a major face lift to all of the circuits A brand new Drift circuit, Drag circuit, Karting circuit, Moto & Mini Motocross circuits, two stage Rally Sprint circuits have all been constructed for petrol heads to enjoy.

It would kind of make sense....where you pull 100 000 drift enthusasts....you now also pull 100 000 drag and cart and all....so what's funny in that I don't know....but hey...enjoy the :lol: :lol: my bad for misinterprating the above statement

smoothedgp
SX Forumholic

Post by smoothedgp »

who else i need to get that info to the rock.so far its toby,pieter and thats it.We need at least more than 2 cars.

1992 Black Gtr32
2005 530d

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

smoothedgp wrote:who else i need to get that info to the rock.so far its toby,pieter and thats it.We need at least more than 2 cars.
I think I want to be there as well!!!
Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Charlvdw
200SX Maniac
Engine: SR

Post by Charlvdw »

Sorry busy tuning.

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Drillergy »

Going for a family function