SR Speed Sensor in S13

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

eltonoliver wrote:Hi Riekert did you sort out your speedo prob? "bought SOKAR's SX" I have the same issue.

Thanks
Hey man. Yeah. popped in the CA18 sensor and it works like a charm. did a speedtest on the GPS and its only a few km/h out. like I think i'm doing 130 on the clock and then I'm actually doing 125.

So ya. working 100%
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

POWDER
Club Rep
Engine: SR

Post by POWDER »

Seems my problem was actually my speedo it's self, and not the speed sensor. Now I have to pop in a new speedo, o well, I think all custom gauges will look better n e way....
Carpe Diemotor - Sieze the motor today
- Nissan 200SX S13 92' SR20DET
http://200sx.za.net/phpBB3/garage_vehic ... cle&VID=14

djpure077

Re: SR Speed Sensor in S13

Post by djpure077 »

Got a quote from Nissan today for speed sensor for the 200sx and I almost fell of my chair the price on the thing is R1985. That is expensive gonna have to make another plan to be able to see the speed I'm driving

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S14

Post by fuzz123 »

djpure077 wrote:Got a quote from Nissan today for speed sensor for the 200sx and I almost fell of my chair the price on the thing is R1985. That is expensive gonna have to make another plan to be able to see the speed I'm driving

Hey dude, how about introducing yourself and telling us who you are before you ressurect such an old post. [smilie=200sx_ban.gif]

In future check the dates on the post you comment on, they could be very old....

Anyways, Nissan will always try and rip you a new one....nothing costs less than 2k from them, rather try and import the parts you need. :idea:

POWDER
Club Rep

Post by POWDER »

fuzz123 wrote:
djpure077 wrote:Got a quote from Nissan today for speed sensor for the 200sx and I almost fell of my chair the price on the thing is R1985. That is expensive gonna have to make another plan to be able to see the speed I'm driving

Hey dude, how about introducing yourself and telling us who you are before you ressurect such an old post. [smilie=200sx_ban.gif]

In future check the dates on the post you comment on, they could be very old....

Anyways, Nissan will always try and rip you a new one....nothing costs less than 2k from them, rather try and import the parts you need. :idea:
Hey Fuzz,

How about not being rude and rather thanking for the price update, new or not... Updated info is always great.....

Thanks for the price update DJ, as I am sure atleast the new guys will appreciate it and yes, they can be imported too...
Carpe Diemotor - Sieze the motor today
- Nissan 200SX S13 92' SR20DET
http://200sx.za.net/phpBB3/garage_vehic ... cle&VID=14

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic

Post by Ero_sennin »

Yea don't sometimes get the "old thread" issue. One hand it gets said search don't make a new post and then on the other don't post in an old thread, kind of seams contradictory.....
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

Ero_sennin wrote:Yea don't sometimes get the "old thread" issue. One hand it gets said search don't make a new post and then on the other don't post in an old thread, kind of seams contradictory.....
very true!
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Car: S14

Post by fuzz123 »

POWDER wrote:
fuzz123 wrote:

Hey Fuzz,

How about not being rude and rather thanking for the price update, new or not... Updated info is always great.....

Thanks for the price update DJ, as I am sure atleast the new guys will appreciate it and yes, they can be imported too...

I was not trying to be rude, but it would be nice if this forum does not turn into gumtree...and that is probably why there are certain rules/guides to using the forum. :roll:

Anycase; I see you did "kinda" agree with my comment when I said he should import, so it is not like I did not help the oke [smilie=200sx_angel.gif]

[smilie=200sx_rockon.gif]

djpure077

Post by djpure077 »

Well sorry if i did something wrong and thank for the advice

NIZAN-R
Over Boosting

Post by NIZAN-R »