Drift school trip for Durban SX members

It's all about going side ways YO!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

Post by DriftZ »

a week sounds Great to me.. but im not sure my sx will be up and running properly by April?!:(

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Trance101 wrote:
rat wrote:
ReeceZ wrote:whats the price for 195/50/15
dont you mean 195/60/15
I wouldn't drift on a 60 profile. It doesn't seem safe to me.

I'm keen for some second hand tyres. Thats a good price. I would also like to get 198/50/15's tho. I hope he has some.

Going down for a week would be cool, but I haven't worked up much leave at work yet...
For that week it only three days you need to take off. 195/60 is the std tyre size
SX Must be Ready wrote:a week sounds Great to me.. but im not sure my sx will be up and running properly by April?!Sad
Make a plan :lol:
Hot Plates are Sexy

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic
Car: S13

Post by ReeceZ »

rat wrote:
ReeceZ wrote:whats the price for 195/50/15
dont you mean 195/60/15
60 profile tooo mush

rat
Administrator

Post by rat »

so yes/no for the idea at end of april?
Hot Plates are Sexy

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

im not sure.

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

I think i'm gona try and go before that, but i'll join u guys if you're going
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

rat
Administrator

Post by rat »

SX will be Ready wrote:im not sure.
Be more positive :D
Hot Plates are Sexy

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

binx wrote:no rush guys :-) the rock will be here LOL

i will have some finalized info for you later on, The Boss has already arranged a meeting for tonight! :-)

As for the events here are some finalized dates for you to work around:

06 June is (SA leg 2) which is a big event!!!
04 July - normal monthly event
01 August - normal monthly event
05 September (SA Leg 3) big event!!
im positively leaning towards the 6th of june :) and Binx say's there a big event then so that would be awesome to watch ..., although i really like Rat's idea of making it a week long trip.

Slide 'em Wide
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Slide 'em Wide »

why watch? Participate.... The other more regular drifters are very respectful and its an awesome experience. Entrance is free as competitors. We set up a braai and have fun like no other saturday!

What Id rather be dooing!

Spyke
Slipping Clutch

Post by Spyke »

It would be great to see you guys come up and give it a go.

Juan is a VERY talented drifter and he's helped so many of teh other guys to - they hold him in very high regard.

As for using someone elses car, this is a better idea than you think. Juan pilots a R32 Skyline that has now been fitted with an RB20DET and makes respectable power. Learning in this car isn't a bad thing - the car has been set up for drifting and will make the learning process much easier. Using your own car (which may not be set up for drifting) will make you anxious and gun-shy. I agree with getting to know your own car - but learn to catch, control and maintain a long slide first before diving head first into one of the walls (no pun intended).

There will be a lot of practicing leading up to the 6/6 event, possibly even with some of the Cape Town guys. You may not get as much track time in as you would otherwise, but there will be a lot of inspiration and it'll give you an idea of what the SA drift community is about on a larger scale. Nearly everyone there will be willing to help you guys learn. Plus, if you're confident enough, you can compete in the competition.
Yup, it's that accessible.

DriftZ wrote:... or sooner if we just gonna go up for a wednesday and show the upcountry guys how to Rock the Rock...
This is a bold statement... :D not saying you can't, I just think you'll be very surprised.
Spinning is for guys too scared to drift...
'91 RS13 - Project 13
CA18DET

DriftZ
200SX Maniac

Post by DriftZ »

Spyke wrote:It would be great to see you guys come up and give it a go.

Juan is a VERY talented drifter and he's helped so many of teh other guys to - they hold him in very high regard.

As for using someone elses car, this is a better idea than you think. Juan pilots a R32 Skyline that has now been fitted with an RB20DET and makes respectable power. Learning in this car isn't a bad thing - the car has been set up for drifting and will make the learning process much easier. Using your own car (which may not be set up for drifting) will make you anxious and gun-shy. I agree with getting to know your own car - but learn to catch, control and maintain a long slide first before diving head first into one of the walls (no pun intended).

There will be a lot of practicing leading up to the 6/6 event, possibly even with some of the Cape Town guys. You may not get as much track time in as you would otherwise, but there will be a lot of inspiration and it'll give you an idea of what the SA drift community is about on a larger scale. Nearly everyone there will be willing to help you guys learn. Plus, if you're confident enough, you can compete in the competition.

DriftZ wrote:... or sooner if we just gonna go up for a wednesday and show the upcountry guys how to Rock the Rock...
This is a bold statement... :D not saying you can't, I just think you'll be very surprised.
...Dude i was completely joking when i said that ..no disrespect intended, ha ha, as im a complete Drift Noob... hopefully not for long though:)

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

DriftZ wrote:
Spyke wrote:It would be great to see you guys come up and give it a go.

...Dude i was completely joking when i said that ..no disrespect intended, ha ha, as im a complete Drift Noob... hopefully not for long though:)
never underestimate the power of Playstation 2 training.

Spyke
Slipping Clutch

Post by Spyke »

DriftZ wrote: ...Dude i was completely joking when i said that ..no disrespect intended, ha ha, as im a complete Drift Noob... hopefully not for long though:)
Na, all good fun. It looks a lot easier than it is - but it is epic fun nonetheless.

PS2? There's no reset button in real life... cock-up and you know all about it. :wink:
Spinning is for guys too scared to drift...
'91 RS13 - Project 13
CA18DET

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

It sounds like it would be epic fun. You are right spyke it may be best to start off in the R33. Then once we get the hang of it we can move onto our own cars.
ReeceZ wrote:never underestimate the power of Playstation 2 training.
Dude, Playstation 2?? You are living in the wrong generation :) :)
RB25 S13 - in a perpetual state of broken-ness...

rat
Administrator

Post by rat »

hey hey GT4 was good
Hot Plates are Sexy