Drift school trip for Durban SX members

It's all about going side ways YO!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic
Car: S13

Drift school trip for Durban SX members

Post by ReeceZ »

Rite, durbs members, we've seen the ads, watched drift vidz at the place so hows bout we go to school there... http://www.rockracing.co.za/index.php?p ... categId=20

I've really been wanting to go, but it's obviously more fun if theres more SXs' there. It costs R3k but i'm sure we can make that up and turn this into a leka event for us. Trance, i know u'll be interested... what's gona happen when u leave varsity and the nice spacious parking lots :lol:
We can meet-up with the JHB members for practice, race, etc...
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

sounds awesome but 3k?
Hot Plates are Sexy

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

Yeah, it is steep, but u get to use their car, tyres included. either that or we all go there for Wednesday practice, laptops mounted in the car loaded with a copy of Drift Bible:)

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

I'm keen and I know DriftZ is keen aswell.

Maybe if we organize to use our own cars we can get a cheaper price? I don't see the point in learning in someone elses car. Will be an expensive trip tho...
RB25 S13 - in a perpetual state of broken-ness...

rat
Administrator

Post by rat »

how about a club discount?
Hot Plates are Sexy

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

Yup, good points ryan, patrick. Even though I don't think I'll get another chance to drive an R33 :lol: , I think it would me much more informative to get instruction based on your own cars capability. If we can do that, then i'm gona buy a set of 15z, we'll probably need to know if they will supply tyres for us instead. Lets get a rough idea of how many guys wana come, then i'll put it all in an e-mail or phone call and get more info.

rat
Administrator

Post by rat »

I am keen but the cost, R3k just for the school and then petrol getting to jhb and food and a place to stay. I think you guys in durban earn to much
Hot Plates are Sexy

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I definately cant make it guys, sorry. Why dont you all pay me half and come drift on GT5 :lol: ??
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

Gary57 wrote:Why dont you all pay me half and come drift on GT5 :lol: ??
Haha, I'l just stay home and drift in forza. Much cheaper :lol:

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

Or, take 2 days off and go practice on there on a Wednesday nite

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

I don't think its worth going for one evening. If we do this I think we need to have atleast 2 full days of drifting for it to be worth while. Like drive up on a friday and return on a monday type thing.

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

Yeah, lets just get some support, i'm sure we can get some track time on a weekend. Besides hesketh is gona be closed for a while

binx
Slipping Clutch

Post by binx »

Hi Guys,

Toby pointed me to your chat, my name is Bianca and i am part of the Rock Team in JHB... You are all welcome to come join us @ track every Wednesday and must also remember that alot of the JHB drivers are more than happy to give you tips and pointers! I will take the drifting lessons and track time etc up with Tim Stephens tomorrow and get back to you...

In the mean time you can visit one of the Rocks top drifters website for some info that you might find handy: www.kwikwap.co.za/bruno

Later Binx

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

binx wrote:Hi Guys,

Toby pointed me to your chat, my name is Bianca and i am part of the Rock Team in JHB... You are all welcome to come join us @ track every Wednesday and must also remember that alot of the JHB drivers are more than happy to give you tips and pointers! I will take the drifting lessons and track time etc up with Tim Stephens tomorrow and get back to you...

In the mean time you can visit one of the Rocks top drifters website for some info that you might find handy: www.kwikwap.co.za/bruno

Later Binx
OMG!!! :shock: This is the first time i've seen a girl on the forum. Hi :D , guys, c'mon, we gotta go now.

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

Post by DriftZ »

Ha ha, Breathe Reece :)

Yhe im super keen to go up, infact i was already looking into it, but like the other okes say its gonna be expensive, either way... but im not saying i dont wanna do it, im just saying lets plan it properly, and give the guys(me included) ample time to get our $hit and the cash together. And im hoping to be getting a big azz bakkie in about 3 months:) which will come in very handy incase one of us break down up there.

So maybe we plan it for like June/July for the drift school?? or sooner if we just gonna go up for a wednesday and show the upcountry guys how to Rock the Rock, lol:). but then we should Align our trip with some sort of event up there.. i dunno, what you guys think?