Project C - Also not 56k friendly!

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Vlade wrote:... I no have TOOL, me no DO...
hehehehe. i'm wondering how long it will take tobles to catch onto this one!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

mickey
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

cleaning solution

Post by mickey »

hey guys, this is something that i have been told and have not tried myself - use Dettol, apparently it works like a bastard. i use Prepsol which works for me, but i am not in search of the holy grail type cleaning, just making stuff not grimy. also i have a high pressure cleaner but so far i have not made the effort to clean my sx, only bikes and stuff. petrol works like a dream to dissolve grime too, just dont do it over tar, it melts the stuff, and i would rather have it in my tank. i got my s14 2 weeks ago, have changed the sump already and have just ordered D2 coilovers and the hyperformance polyurethane bushes. (i bought my car from a cop that gyppoed the rwc and all the bushes are f@#$%d. there is not space for the numberplate BOTTOMLESS PIT WP. hehe but hell it would be appropriate.
I think animal testing is a terrible idea - they get all nervous and give the wrong answers!

FMIC
large capacity sump
Dump valve
63mm free flow zorst
Hyperformance poly bushes

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

hehehe, yeah - the code word is 'balance'
i was wondering - i can like probably use a sandblasting attachment in water'n'soap with my compressor to use as a high pressure cleaner? no?
cozof just buying a high pressure cleaner seems like a waste of money if you could only use it for high pressure cleaning

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

sorry for the hijack tobles!!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

No prob VC! I keep getting excited thinking --- oohh someone commented on my Project C, only to see some jibber jabber about bushes... hehehe!

Luckily I have the luxury of splitting posts... muuawwwaaahahahaha!
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

mickey
Slipping Clutch

jibber jabber your bum!!!!!

Post by mickey »

yadda yadda yadda, one mans jibber jabber about bushes is another mans not drifting into a kerb somewhere hehehehe. oh and i just got a dump valve last nite that sounds awesome and now it is almost impossible to behave. shitit.
I think animal testing is a terrible idea - they get all nervous and give the wrong answers!

FMIC
large capacity sump
Dump valve
63mm free flow zorst
Hyperformance poly bushes

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Toby wrote:No prob VC! I keep getting excited thinking --- oohh someone commented on my Project C, only to see some jibber jabber about bushes... hehehe!

Luckily I have the luxury of splitting posts... muuawwwaaahahahaha!
evil biatch!!!!! hows that laugh working for ya???

veecee
AGENT SX!

Re: jibber jabber your bum!!!!!

Post by veecee »

mickey wrote:yadda yadda yadda, one mans jibber jabber about bushes is another mans not drifting into a kerb somewhere hehehehe. oh and i just got a dump valve last nite that sounds awesome and now it is almost impossible to behave. shitit.
first you brush him off with yadddaaayadda, blah, blah...

then you try to hijack his thread again...

think deeply about the consequences of your posting before you go up against the esteemed chairlady!!!!

and trudles - what is happening with project C??? is your engine in yet??? cos i was thinking of posting that CAS to CT to help a friend with an electrical problem on his SX!!!!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

My Project C is waiting for my CAS :-) And also new pistons.... yea I gotta buy new pistons 'cos the block has been rebored.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Toby wrote: yea I gotta buy new pistons 'cos the block has been rebored.
You make me feel guilty here :oops:
Hairdresser MX5

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Hey? Guilty for what? Cylinder had damage so we decided to get it done proper :-)

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Toby wrote:Hey? Guilty for what? Cylinder had damage so we decided to get it done proper :-)
I still feel guilty... maybe because I'm not letting you take shortcuts :wink: Well I'm glad, because like you say now it's getting done properly. Downside is its costing more
Hairdresser MX5

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

Re: cleaning solution

Post by qewrty »

mickey wrote: i got my s14 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the club :)

I really think the S13 looks better from the outside but the S14 is better, if only because its a few years younger.

Toby, does that mean you are getting non-standard pistons? If so you'll have to change your signature coz its no longer stock ;)

I think you are going to have so much fun once the work is done. I know I am, and I didn't even re-do my engine :)

I want to bring my SR20DET around so you can clean it up, seems like you are getting your CA pretty clean!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Re: cleaning solution

Post by veecee »

qewrty wrote:
mickey wrote:
I want to bring my SR20DET around so you can clean it up, seems like you are getting your CA pretty clean!
Trudles - qwerts obviously missed my project pics!!! no paint to cover the marks - just lots of polish to cover a turd!!!!

anyway - your CAS will be with you shortly. i got some new bits from vlade yesterday, so i should be done with it soon. i owe you bigtime for this one, you may have inadvertently save me a disciplinary hearing at work for spending so much time at home!!!!!

keep this in mind toby - my arias forged pistons were R3800-00 and this year are R3900-00. before you buy your own stock ones, consider that price in comparison. and dont worry, you can still say everythign else is stock!

and getting a rebore is good insurance. get things done proppa!!! good man!

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Ya I think I'll have to debate the meaning of "stock" - to most people, a non-stock car is one that produces more power than stock, or looks significantly different (i.e. body kits, etc.) So, while technically my car won't be stock anymore, for all intents and purposes, it will be. But yea, I will change my sig :-(