Looking for someone to install my s13 seats

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Doctor G
0.7 Bar Boost

Looking for someone to install my s13 seats

Post by Doctor G »

Anyone know of someone who is good at welding and cars? Need someone to make some custom brackets to bolt my aftermarket rails and seats to.

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

I'm gonna build custom rails for the set seats I bought the other day... Will take pics. Perhaps it'll help. I'm gonna use the stock rails with a angle iron frame on the seat.
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Doctor G
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Doctor G »

Riekert wrote:I'm gonna build custom rails for the set seats I bought the other day... Will take pics. Perhaps it'll help. I'm gonna use the stock rails with a angle iron frame on the seat.
My stock rails are gone unfortunately. Anyone got a set laying around?

Riekert are you gonna try and use the angle iron to get some type of side mount effect going? The biggest problem wit the seats are height. 99% of the time they end up too high.

If I drop my seat on the floor with no rails on it the height is perfect. And I don't ever take passengers in the back seat, nor does anyone else ever drive my car, so right now I'm even down for bolting the seats to the floor directly! with no forward/back adjustment :shock: But the floor isn't exactly level, so it still involves some sort of brackets to level them out.

I see a lot of peeps overseas cut out the hump in the left floorboard, and secondly they remove the "cross beams" that run from the door's sides to the centre tunnel, where the front of the seat ends. That makes it very easy to install sliding rails with no problem. I just wonder if that weakens the body at all???

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

you need to speak nicely to westmeister!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Doctor G
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Doctor G »

veecee wrote:you need to speak nicely to westmeister!
put a word there for me vc :lol:

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

no probs mabroo!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already