The Rock Raceway - Thoughts & Ideas!!

It's all about going side ways YO!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

binx
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

Post by binx »

~ Chemcool

With regards to "my involvement" i would say i am a sucker for punishment? but that would be BS, something about lending a helping hand, especially when the three Musketeers (Tim, Anne & Abie) are so busy!! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, i will hopefully see Anne on wednesday at practice so i can get up to speed on that one! I will add that link onto the Rock Raceway Group on Facebook :-)

~ Draco

I 100% love that idea, i did think about that fleetingly the other day, "smaller scale" imagine someone or something distracted me from speed dialling Tim :-) but it's an awesome idea, there is afterall SPACE, so will run this past Tim and get him to mull it over etc... I doubt that it will happen this year as we have the follow up Drift challenge in December and a few more big events inbetween...

~ Slide 'em Wide

With regards to the wall around the track, I did have a brief chat with Tim about this and he made it very clear to me that the spectators safety is as important as the drivers! I recommend grabbing that bulls horns, i wouldn't think to much about the wall as you are kinda of inviting it into your moment, focus on the slide and simply enjoy the ride :-)

westmaister
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by westmaister »

BINX, HAVE YOU WATCHED THE DVD "Drift Bible by Keiichi "Drift King" Tsuchiya"? IF SO, NEAR THE END HE IS AT A DRIFT LOCATION WITH HIS EA86GTS.THE PLACE IS CALLED "DRIFT LAND" I THINK & ITS IN JAPAN, FROM A DRIFTING POINT OF VIEW, THE DRIFTERS NEED SOMETHING LIKE THAT..
I UNDERSTAND ITS NOT THAT EASY & CHEAP, BUT A LOCATION WITH LOTS OF VARIATIONS, ISLANDS, DRIFT LINES, BENDS ETC WILL MAKE THE ROCK A UNIQUE PLACE. A PLACE WHERE UPCOMING DRIFTERS WONT BE TROUBLED BY WALLS & UPSTRUCTIONS ETC.
DONT GET ME WRONG, THE ROCK ROCKS! BUT ITS REALY FOR OVAL RACING.
THE NICE THING OF A PLACE LIKE 'DRIFT LAND' IS ALSO THAT IN COMPETITIONS DIFFERENT COURCES CAN BE LAYD OUT WHICH WILL TEST DRIFTERS & A TRACK LIKE THAT COULD BECOME A LOCATION FOR
SUPERMOTARD, MINIMOTO & OTHER TIGHT(SMALL'ICH) TRACK COMPETITIONS.

WATCH THIS MOVIE, IT WILL GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF THE TRACK IM TALKING ABOUT
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKP4i-hl3M
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GE5p_BYxb ... re=related
BEERS & SEXY REARS!

binx
Slipping Clutch

Post by binx »

I see what you mean, it is a nice concept! As promised i do run all of these suggestions past the Rock Team, and they are loving the feedback, thanks for taking the time :-)

There is a group now on Facebook, The Rock Raceway - South Africa where you can leave messages for Tim Stephens and the Team as they are checking in daily!

Binx