It's all about going side ways YO!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

binx
Slipping Clutch
Car: S13

The Rock Raceway - Thoughts & Ideas!!

Post by binx »

Hi Guys,

I have recently got involved with The Rock Raceway by helping to promote upcoming events via the web. I found you lot yesterday and have since been in touch with Tobey, i was hoping to get your thoughts and ideas on ways that you feel as drivers would improve the driving / drifting experience at the Rock?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Txs Binx

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

I suggested that maybe an open track that has *no walls* next to it might help :lol:
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

:lol:

Slide 'em Wide
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by Slide 'em Wide »

Yeah the wall make my bum pucker up a little!! (maybe ill take some testosterone and grow bigger Bolz)

However having dealt with various racing fraternities the warm welcome you guys give the drivers and your openness allowing us practice time with no bs or politics is rare!

Keep up the good work.

The only thing is i ruined one of my drift tyres on the entry to the track i picked up a nail... so maybe a little tar would be cool. (though the puncture is not your fault)

What Id rather be dooing!

Vince
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: R34

Post by Vince »

I think if more 200sx members get involved and bring there cars down to

the track it would be cool

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Vince wrote:I think if more 200sx members get involved and bring there cars down to

the track it would be cool
When you say "get involved", do you mean involved in drifting, or just come to watch?
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

binx
Slipping Clutch

Post by binx »

Valid points and they are noted! I know that the Rock Team strive to make every Rock experience an unforgetable one, thanks for the compliment :-) Having said that, are there any more areas that need attention, we take constructive criticism very well! At the end of the day the Rock is just a track if we don't have drivers - you guys make it all happen so your opinion and ideas are crucial :-)

Binx

binx
Slipping Clutch

Post by binx »

Hi Guys!

For any of you on Facebook i have just created a Group - The Rock Raceway - South Africa... hope you will join :-)

rat
Administrator
Car: R32

Post by rat »

sweet, pity i cant afford the petrol to get there

Vince
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: R34

Post by Vince »

Well idealy in the drifting, but also to come watch and support the guys and just have general sx chat

The only guys I really see regularly at the track ( practice & events ) are stephan & hotstuff

From the track side what more could you ask for.... its a really great venue

So for the JHB boys there is really no excuse not to come wed nights and try it out for yourself, or at least catch a ride - Its some of the best fun I promise :D :D :D

Stephen Swanepoel
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by Stephen Swanepoel »

Dont forget Bruno he is also a regular.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

unfortunately not so much a regular on this forum. :(
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

binx wrote:Hi Guys!

For any of you on Facebook i have just created a Group - The Rock Raceway - South Africa... hope you will join :-)
I am not sure what your involvement is with rockracing, but if you are part of that friendly people there like Anne and Tim, I suggest you speak to Anne about your mobile enabled web site and how that can give you a severe boost/assistance in the marketing ideas you have. Ann knows all about the mobile enabled web site which we activated for them. Use your cell phone browser or pc and visit www.kwikwap.co.za/rockracing. Let me know your connection there and we can discuss it further. We even spoke about redirecting cell phones access to their normal site to be rerouted to the mobile enabled web site.

Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Stephen Swanepoel wrote:Dont forget Bruno he is also a regular.
And you can see Bruno from your cell phone browser: www.kwikwap.co.za/bruno

Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Well you guys have most of the stuff needed, but I'd say do something no one else are doing...you have a round track for saloons and such, as far as I know a drag strip, some offroad stuff....but wouldn't it be great if you had a proper track for track days and professional racing on a track like zwartkops or something.... all in one basket.....

Get your own spl equipment for sound offs and so on....

Think of this....a whole weekend of racing in all categories, from drifting, track, oval, off road....sound offs....make it like a festival weekend....festival of racing....people camp there...race....party....for the whole weekend.