One Savage project!!! 56k unfriendly

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

200SXSilviaSavage
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by 200SXSilviaSavage »

Haha I asked Sergio at Docs Tech and he says it's power at the hubs. They using DynaPack and I've done plenty research and DynaPack only measures power at the hubs even though it says "Fly Wheel Power". Also look at the correction factor: it's 1.00, therefore how I see it is that the actual dyno can only measure power at the hubs or wheels and then use a correction factor to CALCULATE AN ESTIMATE of flywheel power. This correction factor would either be approx 18% loss for FWD, 20% loss for RWD and 25% loss for AWD. So I still think it's power at the hubs but if anyone else disagrees with me please feel free to share your views cause I'm still not 100% sure.

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

hehe my bad :oops:

thats damn good then man!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

are you still running the stock injectors? From what i have seen is that the stock injectors max out at about 155rwkw
Hot Plates are Sexy

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

rat wrote:are you still running the stock injectors? From what i have seen is that the stock injectors max out at about 155rwkw
farking brilliant :cry:
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

Trance101
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Trance101 »

ReeceZ wrote:
rat wrote:are you still running the stock injectors? From what i have seen is that the stock injectors max out at about 155rwkw
farking brilliant :cry:
Yup, thats why I went for bigger injectors.
RB25 S13 - in a perpetual state of broken-ness...

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

can't buy anything now, cusco front strut brace is on its way and chassis has been repaired. next is g/b mounting.

200SXSilviaSavage
0.1 Bar Boost

Yes I am running the stock injectors. Hmmm... Then I highly doubt that I've got 174rwkw if the the injectors max out at 155rwkw. Thanx for pointing that out, and there's gonna be a lotta people getting the wrong numbers from the dyno's at Doc's Tech then. Oh well I'm still happy with my 140 or so kw's at the hubs then :D Next is a Dicktator management that will sort out the fine tuning.

I should be getting flanges back pretty soon that I sent in to get made for the front strut brace that I'm gonne make for my ride.
Do the strut braces make a significant difference in handling if that's all I've got in my car with regards to handling?

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

200SXSilviaSavage wrote:Do the strut braces make a significant difference in handling if that's all I've got in my car with regards to handling?
works better if the car is lowered. you can corner faster than electricity :lol:

Q-mech
Slipping Clutch

Post by Q-mech »

The braces should do allot, even with the stock suspension, but try do all of them ie. front top and bottom+ rear.

as for the injectors, by adjusting the fuel pressures they would have been able to get them to work at that power pretty easily. mine fuels to 1.2barr no prob! Its currently set at 1Barr and i'm doing exactly 174Rwkw and i just bliksemed the stock FPR.

But some nice work!
Lag? What's that?
174kw s13
162kw G2 turbo
294kw Calibra turbo

200SXSilviaSavage
0.1 Bar Boost

Awesome stuff! Glad to know it'll make a decent difference :)
Just one Q:
Where would you fit the lower strut braces? The top braces for the front and rear are pretty obvious but what about the lower ones?

@ Reecez: I doubt I'll have enough cash for a lowering kit any time soon man haha but thanks for the tip.

@ Q-Mech: Very nice job too man! If I've got 174rwkw then we making bout the same power 8) And I'm running about 3,7 bar fuel pressure atm

Q-mech
Slipping Clutch

Post by Q-mech »

Depends on the kit, if it's a 2 point brace it'll mount between the two front diagonal braces.
if it's the 4 point brace it'll mount on the four fixing points of the front suspension.

I'm building 6 point braces incorparating both the above types.

But your car is looking really nice!
You must come drive with me and Norb sometime, I'd dig to see it!
Lag? What's that?
174kw s13
162kw G2 turbo
294kw Calibra turbo

200SXSilviaSavage
0.1 Bar Boost

Wow sounds confusing but definately worth it! I'll stick with the upper struts for now cause I got another problem I need to sort out! :roll:

Took my car for a drive today and when I came home I switched it off- it was at standard operating temperature- then I tried to start it again but it just keeps cranking! It doesn't wanna start and it's done this a few times before so there is a problem. My fuel pump is working and my injectors are working fine so I think it's my coil packs.

I am thinking of converting it to a single coil system, but what product would one go for when looking at that? And generally how would you connect a single coil system up in the CA18?

Otherwise I should replace the coils I have in now- does anyone have any that work? lol

@ Q-Mech: Thanks for the compliments bro! It's been a long process. And I'd be glad to join you for a ride sometime, we must make a plan :)

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

Post by DriftZ »

this sounds like the problem i have occasionally... you may have just flooded your motor with petrol.

ReeceZ
SX Forumholic

Post by ReeceZ »

just get a set of Tein S Tech springs, I'm using them and so is Trance, wasn't as costly as you think it would be. Sure, ur gona get ass raped everytime you go over a bumpy road but it's worth it, if you need a comfortable ride then ur getting old :lol:

rat
Administrator
Car: R32

Post by rat »

ReeceZ wrote:just get a set of Tein S Tech springs, I'm using them and so is Trance, wasn't as costly as you think it would be. Sure, ur gona get ass raped everytime you go over a bumpy road but it's worth it, if you need a comfortable ride then ur getting old :lol:
R3000 for them from import parts
Hot Plates are Sexy