S14 RB25

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

RAW
0.1 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by RAW »

veecee wrote:
oh please dude - we're talking about a coating on a set of calipers. its not like the dude wants to install the "fire out of my exhaust" system made up of a sparkplug and an injector at the back of the car???

so if the dude spends 200 bucks powdercoating the caliper, or 3000 bucks ceramic coating the caliper - who has ended up wasting who's time and money?
EDIT.

Do as you wish, ill laugh when i hear the "ohh shit my R200 powder coated calipers coating set on fire and melted my brake lines while i was driving like a tool"

I swear to god some of you people do not think!! Hennie, bud, now i understand EXACTLY why you dont post here.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

ok then...

you'll have a laugh, and i'll apologise when it happens. cos i'm not the tool.

at least you'll be able to say i told you so.
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

RAW
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by RAW »

FYI,,, I wasnt calling you a tool, or anyone else, i said driving like a tool, IE driving very fast (only way to super heat those calipers)

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i know you weren't calling me a tool!

its cool man - unlike those superheated calipers! all i'm saying is that i've never seen the powdercoating peel off, or discolour, let alone catch fire. but maybe those cars arent fast enough for that anyway!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Ok.... So back to the conversion at hand...

Is the brembos fitted yet? You received the turbo and waste gate yet? :wink: :wink:
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

RAW
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by RAW »

ljS14
Over Boosting
Car: Evo

Post by ljS14 »

Still waiting for the Turbo and wastgate ,Busy with the the brakes at moment ,Leaving the calipers alone at the moment ,Sorry VC and RAW :oops: for causing a fuss but i think i will tackle that later when i change the pads and have some xtra cash
1991 S13 200SX
1993 Z32 300ZX Convertable
Evo 8

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

cool!

So not far now... hehehe
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I have seen PC calipers melt and nearly catch fire, PC on calipers is a no no and it doesnt last if you are going to hammer the brakes. You will be better off going with a PU primer and an epoxy paint, this will handle more heat than the PC but still wont last.
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

ljS14
Over Boosting

Post by ljS14 »

We getting close now ,I can almost taste it :D ,Dont you hate it when time goes so slowly :x
1991 S13 200SX
Evo 8

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

ljS14 wrote:We getting close now ,I can almost taste it :D ,Dont you hate it when time goes so slowly :x
yeah! :roll: :roll: :roll: hehehe

aka The Overlord

ljS14
Over Boosting

Post by ljS14 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D Turbo and wast gate will be arriving on Friday morning, YIPPY
1991 S13 200SX
Evo 8

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

ljS14 wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D Turbo and wast gate will be arriving on Friday morning, YIPPY
AWESOME!!!! Whoop Whoop!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

aka The Overlord

ljS14
Over Boosting

Post by ljS14 »

:D :D :D :D :D the turbo and wastegate arrived late today ,will put pics on tomorrow ,we can now do some work on the car :twisted:
1991 S13 200SX
Evo 8

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

ljS14 wrote::D :D :D :D :D the turbo and wastegate arrived late today ,will put pics on tomorrow ,we can now do some work on the car :twisted:
Yeah Boi!!!! Awesome man!!!

aka The Overlord