My long awaited project

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

My long awaited project

Post by Gary57 »

Ok so as most you know I bought my first house this year, on my 22nd Birthday to be exact. I only moved in this last weekend due to the renovations I have been doing, MAJOR RENOVATIONS.

Here are some before pictures of the kitchen. This place was discusting, 1cm thick black sludge around the sink, broken cupboards, etc.

The first night we got cracking on breaking down some of the walls.

Redid the bathroom aswell.

Once the walls were down and the dumping was done, we started to plaster. Now this is not as easy as the moentoos make it look, I wore my fingers down so that they had no skin on them. But once I got the hand of it, it was all good.

The sliding doors opening onto the garden were shit, they had filled a section with cement were the ants had eaten, WTF?? While they were off my dad came up with a hair brain skeem to make them both slide open instead of just the one, 2 weeks of work but well worth it. It make th whole house feel more open and spacious.

Now I got sick and tired of every time someone would come and visit they would say: "WOW lots of work still hey maybe you will be in here by December" so we decided to lay the floors next before painting and building the kitchen. This laminated flooring is so piss to do, took us 1 day to lay 55sqr. m's, granted I could barely walk for the next to days and I had about 4 guys helping.

Also moved the front door, the old front door opened up into the Garage, WTF?? Now it is in the proper place.

Next was to prime the walls so we could get painting.

The base coat went on for the suede paint, then we got cracking on the doing the suede finish or should I say the misses got cracking, I cant do that artist shit.

So while the girls were painting my dad and I started on the kitchen. I had designed the kitchen on CAD and got all the wood cut to size. 650kg of wood just to build the carcasses and drawers.

The first piece.

Drawers are all in.

Hi-gloss white PVC wrapped doors went on with stainless handles.

So once the building was finish last weekend we moved in, the fun part. Now I dont have many pictures of the actual installation of the appliances so here are the finish pictures.

And thats it, my project. This was the most fun I have had ever, I loved doing this and if I could I would do it for a living. And I must say I couldnt have done any of this without my dad, not a chance.

So we have finish the main living areas, there are still a few hicups we need to sort out but that will come. The next project will be the outside, it is PINK and in about the same condition as the interior was :? ...
DriftZ: "I swear if a CA18 beats my SR im getting a RB!"

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

You have way too much money for a 22 year old....but hay...goodluck with all that.....

Looks nice.....I would have gone for a bigger TV though :D

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

Very VERY nice!

Love the minimalism of the TV rack, hidden cables etc.

Job well done there!

I cant wait to own a place so I can make these types of renovation aswell, renting sucks, I need permission to put any nails in the walls :shock:
Captain Slow to the rescue!

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I'd rather rent than buy again....had a 3 br flat, 2 toilets garage and all....then the increases came and my payments went up almost R1000, then the levy went up...then power....suddenly you don't have any money....screw the buying....

Luckely the oak I am renting from now doesn't have issues.....as long as I pay his happy.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Draco this cost less than a 5th of what you would have thought, 3 months of working every night and every weekend.
Love the minimalism of the TV rack, hidden cables etc.

Job well done there!

YES thank you at last someone has notice the look I wanted. All wires are in conduits in the wall and plug points are in the shelf it self, no wires.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I'd rather rent than buy again....had a 3 br flat, 2 toilets garage and all....then the increases came and my payments went up almost R1000, then the levy went up...then power....suddenly you don't have any money....screw the buying....
In ten years you will look back and see what you have paid out and will think differently.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Gary57 wrote:
In ten years you will look back and see what you have paid out and will think differently.
Not really....in 10 years the government might have decided to reform the land and sponsor your nice place to some "disadvantaged" traffic cop.....

or they wanna build a new stadium and they force you to sell it for half of what you paid....

or they burn it down because of the apartyd era....like that was your fault

I say....if I don't have a home for them to take I am happy....I just move somewhere else...

Talking of throing money away....keep on paying a bond with a payment of R7000 rand over 10 years not even mentioning the increases....then something happens and you loose everything......sad.....

THAT IS THROWING MONEY AWAY.....

Remember this is my opinion.....I've been there....maybe youl'e be lucky and all goes well, great for you, but once you've been there you realize the trueth behind the trueth you did not expect.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I suppose that is a different way of looking at it, never thought of it like that.

jon
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by jon »

Congrats Gary, you've done a great job and it's looking awesome :D
Diesel power, hmm, yes, I think I'll have some of that.

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Re: My long awaited project

Post by Riekert »

Gary57 wrote: Image
Nice project! hehe

Nah man! its looking awesome 1000x better than the before pics! Big up!!!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Thanks guys, it is looking 1000x better than I thought it would. There is loads of hard work in there probably about 500hours in total and I would say about 1300 man hours.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Gary57 wrote:I suppose that is a different way of looking at it, never thought of it like that.
Whatever my opinion is....and yours, you and everybody involved did a great job, the place looks awsome, can I hire it from you :D

I am sure Riekert would have liked to help....mostly because of the blond that looks as if she has no pants on.....he would love that....

Riekert...stop perving....she is someones something and she has pants on....leave it allone you sick bastard.... :D :D

Thats a joke just incase someone wets their pants.

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Draco wrote:
Gary57 wrote:
Not really....in 10 years the government might have decided to reform the land and sponsor your nice place to some "disadvantaged" traffic cop.....

or they wanna build a new stadium and they force you to sell it for half of what you paid....

or they burn it down because of the apartyd era....like that was your fault

I say....if I don't have a home for them to take I am happy....I just move somewhere else...

Talking of throing money away....keep on paying a bond with a payment of R7000 rand over 10 years not even mentioning the increases....then something happens and you loose everything......sad.....

THAT IS THROWING MONEY AWAY.....

Remember this is my opinion.....I've been there....maybe youl'e be lucky and all goes well, great for you, but once you've been there you realize the trueth behind the trueth you did not expect.
I thought I was the only one who cracked this morning??

Chem :lol:
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Gary57 wrote:Thanks guys, it is looking 1000x better than I thought it would. There is loads of hard work in there probably about 500hours in total and I would say about 1300 man hours.
Awesome Gary, awesome!!! Great results there. Enjoy now!
Chem 8)
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

looking good
Hot Plates are Sexy