How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

RB25SX
Over Boosting
Car: R32
Engine: RB

RB26DETT into S14

Post by RB25SX »

Has anyone here done this converion? I started, then ran into some problems with a badly repaired front end on the S14. First have to straighten the car before I can continue.
If anyone is interested, I can post pics, as I go along.[/img]

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Dude!! Obviously we will like updates! and PICS!! hehe
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

RB25SX
Over Boosting

Post by RB25SX »

The RB26 after I had a look at the turbo's. They look fine. Will upgrade to steel internals in future.

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Looks Good man!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

RB25SX
Over Boosting

Post by RB25SX »

First had to remove front diff, and drive shaft that run through the sump.

RB25SX
Over Boosting

Post by RB25SX »

The 200 SX S14, is about to get a bit more power. Riekert, you might recognise the orange tappet cover :lol: , sorry again.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

that must be the S14 with the single wheel spacer on the front driver side. that wheel spacer was about 20-25mm, yet the wheels looked like they were in the right place.

EISH :shock: :shock: :shock:

hope its not too bad a repair and that it can be sorted out.

good luck with the sx and the motor dude.

its gonna be a new conversion to this forum so please add lots of pics and explanations as you go along.

shot!!!!
VC.
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

rat
Administrator

Post by rat »

More Pics

Awesome Conversion [smilie=200sx_punk.gif]
Hot Plates are Sexy

RB25SX
Over Boosting

Post by RB25SX »

Yes, thats right. Spacer on the right front wheel. I bought the car without seeing it. A friend in jhb looked at it. Imagine my supprise when I took the wheel off. The whole front end was about 20 mm to one side. Had that sorted out. Getting the car resprayed. Should have it back in a week.

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

RB25SX wrote:The 200 SX S14, is about to get a bit more power. Riekert, you might recognise the orange tappet cover :lol: , sorry again.
Hehe! Yes I do! hehe, All good man! I'm working on somethin! so no sweat! :wink: :wink:

aka The Overlord

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

RB25SX wrote:Yes, thats right. Spacer on the right front wheel. I bought the car without seeing it. A friend in jhb looked at it. Imagine my supprise when I took the wheel off. The whole front end was about 20 mm to one side. Had that sorted out. Getting the car resprayed. Should have it back in a week.
funny that...

now all the pieces have fallen into place.

i was wondering how that motor found its way to the western cape.

a mate of mine also looked at the car, but he didnt want to take it cos of that spacer - it looked dodge! but if its sorted then there is no problem?
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

RB25SX
Over Boosting

Post by RB25SX »

Fitted the gearbox fron RB25DET.
As you can see, it lines up with the hole for the gaer lever. Use the std gearbox crossmember. Only the front two holes line up with the gearbox mounting holes in the chassis, so that needs a modified mounting bracket.
Last edited by RB25SX on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

RB25SX
Over Boosting

Post by RB25SX »

Getting the engine mountings to fit is a bit more difficult. They dont even come close one either side, so the crossmember will have to modified to line up with the mountings.
Sump clears.
There seems to be enough space on the turbo side for exhaust pipes and air intakes. ABS will be romoved.

RB25SX
Over Boosting

Post by RB25SX »

Another tip I got from the internet and other forums, is to install the front pulley and power steering pump from RB20/RB25, as this gives more clearance on the front than the bigger RB26 items. Front pulley will get machined to fit 60-2 disc for ignition.

I will be using a T-BO management system. Found it works realy well on my RB25DET.
Last edited by RB25SX on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

hmmm - what is T-BO???