S14 faster than yours? - Photos

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

RB25SX
Over Boosting
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by RB25SX »

Nice car for track use. Rotary engines are great for racing, lots of revs, very little vibration and good power.(NOT TO MENTION THE SOUND) Just couldnt get mine sorted out, nobody in Ctn could map the microtech on a turbo engine. A friend of mine has a twin turbo 20B 3 rotor. Awesome. makes 450kw, 11 sec quater mile.... You will enjoy it once its sorted.

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Post by jap spec »

still running the car in...engine starting to look really good now...got some pics...i'll put up for you soon... Car handles awesome and crazy power... Made 270kw at 0.8 bar here in PE... Will wait and drive for a couple days... going to be boosting 1.3...
S13 - everything
something and something else

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

S13 - everything

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

looks awesome JS...

i must say - i'm entirely jealous! and it makes me nasty!

i've been wanting to do this for a long time. i even have a rotary motor at home - in good condition, but i cant convince the owner to give it to me!!!

anyway - well done.

hows the lag on that turbo, and what size is it??? on our rotary bug, with its stock turbo, there is no noticable lag at all. it just pulls hard as soon as you engage a gear!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

T66 - 1.00 exhaust housing... Perfect for track... smooth power through the revs...doesnt come in hard as hell like my buds 1.24 housing does.. Aint for drag.... i'll let you know more when i do....
S13 - everything

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

so then i assume the t3/t4 is probably a little small for the rotory??? although it must be a slight upgrade on a stock t3 thing it comes with.

the stock turbo is great on the rotary beetle cos its a light car, but in the s-chassis nissans you probably need a little more than stock?
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

Much better than the stock item.. alot bigger in all respects.. Running 2 x 1000cc injectors and 2 x 550cc... enough fuel and air for sure... car is capable of good power figures.. Just wanted something that aint laggy and is good for over 300kw... Told the guy in EL, he better buy big brakes for it.. Putting in Tein Flex as well... You must hear it though... sounds really good... weird to see the 2 together though(rotor and s14)... going to be exciting to see on the track
S13 - everything

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

reminds me of anthony's rotary s14, and although that was extremely quick, it was setup for drag.

so it had monumental lag!!! but an awesome car nonetheless!!!

westmaister
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by westmaister »

veecee & jap! on this subject.
i would like to know a bit more about the rotary turbo.i dont mean to steal this tread, but i think its a good alternative route as this motor is much lighter than a rb motor & has great power potential.what you guys think?
what i would like to know is,
spares: how is availability on spares like starters altenators, all basic consumable spares?
how is the gearboxes on them,how much do they cost & how available are they?
what do engines cost?
what do i need to do to reach the 300kW mark?
is there good aftermarket management & macks who can tune this motor?
i know thats one of the isseus with a swap like this
i dont mean to be lazy & not do my own research but this is a good place to start.
any help?
BEERS & SEXY REARS!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

this time you bring the beers to my place and we'll talk!

its relatively easy to get to 250kw's, but 300 and up is expensive.'

the motor is 4500, the gearbox is 4500, the rebuild is 6000, management is 10 grand, turbos make power on a rotary and that can be costly, coils are quite expensive, you need big injectors for power, custom prop, custom mounts, etc...

its a nice alternative, but is has as many cons as it does pros!!!

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

and the old rotaries went through a lotta seals and gaskets iirc
got better with the rx8 they say iirc

oh and heavier on juice iirc

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

With all that vc has mentioned above.. turbo, injectors(1000), prop, engine mounts, microtec management, cooler, oil cooler,exhaust, boost pipes, dump valves, changing the car from auto to manual(including pedals).. strip motor, port, new water seals.. new apex seals(R4500) - coils with management..mapping...and the motor and box.....fitted, cost R54000.. sounds like a lot...but a car with lots of power potential plus all the right bits already is not to bad... As forged piston motors go, it would cost alot to make similar power, excluding fitting and making all the other crap
S13 - everything

westmaister
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by westmaister »

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS!
AT THE MOMENT I JUST WANT GOOD RELIABLE POWER ROUND ABOUT 200Kw, THEN ILL BE HAPPY.
AS I PROGRESS I'LL START TO SPEND BIG $$$$ ON THE MOTOR & MABE LOOK AT OTHER ALTERNATIVE ROUTES WITH REGARD TO FESABILITY,
POWER & RELIABILITY.
I DONT WANT TO START DRIFTING & HAVE TO FIX MY CAR 3 WEEKS OUT OF THE MONTH. I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO BECOME GOOD AT IT &
REALY ENJOY IT. SO WHEN THE TIME COMES I'LL DECIDE ON THE BEST OPTION.
AT THE MOMENT I'LL KEEP AN OPEN MIND.
BEERS & SEXY REARS!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

200kw's from a rotary is easy and not expensive, and is reliable. the rotary will give you much better throttle response and higher revs.

200kw's from an RB is easy and not expensive, and is reliable. the RB will give you more torque.

both require a few necessary mods to fit into the car and get running in the chassis.

west - you are in a really nice situation here. you basically can put in any motor that you want to. you have very good fabrication skills, so if you really tried hard i bet you could even shoe-horn a V12 in there!!! it wouldn't be a good choice for your goals, but you have a huge engine bay, and lots of choices!!!

jap spec
0.5 Bar Boost

Post by jap spec »

200kw in a stock rotory - 0.4 bar... 200kw in stock RB - 0.4 bar... Rotary cheaper in the beginning to buy than the RB... Also cheaper to make more kw's in the long run... In your situation, both was are definantly an option as they both need fabrication to fit... SR would be the easiest to go in.. also 200kw on that motor wont be big bucks
S13 - everything