Wanted: 200sx

Wanted or for sale

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

WitSkaapie
Car: S13

Wanted: 200sx

Post by WitSkaapie »

Hi guys... awesome to see some SX supporters in south africa...

Myself and a buddy are trying to get into the drifting scene, and are trying to get hold of a 200SX, as its a very good base to start with...

We only have about R30 000 to spend. the interior (seats, carpets, headliner) dont have to be in good condition, as we are going to take out everything except the dashboard and doorcards. However, we are looking for something mechanically sound... we dont mind spending a liitle cash on it, but being newcomers to motorsport, our budget is very small....

If you have, or know of anybody who wants to sell their 200sx, PLEASE give me a call... my no. is 082 558 0164 and my email is kyle@seanet.co.za...

call or email me anytime....

thank you guys for all your help, and i anxiously await your calls/emails...
A D1GP Star* in the making... watch this space

johansx
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

Post by johansx »

I would rather find a car with a neat interrior. The engine will probably also have been looked after.

At R30 000, you will probably have to spend a lot on the car mechanically. At that budget I would rather find an old box shape rwd Corolla. Parts will also be much cheaper an easier to come by.

So when you are a famous D1 drifter, you can buy a mint SX and spend a heap to make it a screamer!

ps. Sorry about the bad news ... :wink: , but good luck with your purchase
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone...

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

I second you on that one Johan

Best bet if you want to start out driving, power is not too important, good suspension and a decent clutch and a motor that can take some hammering must be top priority...

get your self a nice 1980 Corrola, build a roll gauge (for protection and stiffness), weld the diff and and get a decent coper clutch...

That will get you started for ±R30K
Hairdresser MX5

WitSkaapie

hmmm...

Post by WitSkaapie »

hi guys,

thanks for the replies... i found what you said pretty interesting, and understandable... i see where you are coming from, and i appreciate the fact you replied, even if it wasnt what i wanted to hear.

in light of what you said, do you know of any AE86's for sale??? if you do, that would be pretty sweet. i cant find any on autotrader.co.za so i'm kinda out of ideas, and i have never seen one in real life... at least, not a rearwheel-drive 86 corolla.

i spoke to my parents a bit, and have decided to (if it works out) sell my car (Mk1 golf) and use the cash to buy a 200sx and use it as my daily car for a while... then possibly buy a run-around, and start modifying the SX to drift...

i found one on autotrader for R39 990, but its negotiable... it has 180 rwh/p and the "motor proffesionally done"... and i'm quoting from the add...

anyways... thanks guys. if you could, maybe help me out with the AE86 issue and tell me what you think of the sx for sale i mentioned...
A D1GP Star* in the making... watch this space

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

I must warn you - the SX is not a cheap car to maintain, and parts are very scarce. And because they are old, you will need to do a lot of maintenance. As a daily driver, it's not recommended unless you have another car or lots of spare money and a friend at Nissan.
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

WooHaa
0.6 Bar Boost

Post by WooHaa »

Using the SX as a daily driver is fine. I used my old SX as a daily driver for over a year, without problem.

As long as you take care of it & give it it's due attention. Oil changes are critical, also if you give your car to just any mechanic, then you will always have problems.

When I started to work on these cars the first time I thought they we very complicated machinery, but now, when I look at it, especially compared to much newer cars, they are very basic.

Ask anyone here how to remove a turbo, & they will tell you. Ask me how to do the timing chain & seals, & that's easy, but take it to Nissan & you will get charged R3000.00 a pop.

I say buy the SX. I'm on my second one. Freddie is on his THIRD!!
Toby makes a valid point, but ask him if he will sell his? NEVA!!! & he owns a S2000.
Steer From the Rear !!

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

AE86 never came to South Africa... but there is a 4 door RWD similar chassis available but they are scarce, best bet is to buy the Junk Mail... People selling those cars don't want to pay for ads
Hairdresser MX5

ChemCool
SX Forumholic

Post by ChemCool »

Skapie, check out our classifieds in this forum. I know of two sx's for sale.
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

as long as you don't rip out their interiors and panels and make it a drift pig...

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

widowmaker wrote:as long as you don't rip out their interiors and panels and make it a drift pig...
Nothing wrong with that 8)
Hairdresser MX5

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

and how does sitting on a brick will help with drifting? sure is you wanted to build a 9 second car, but drift?
ja ja ok, but its a sentimental issue...

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

I'm with you, windowmaker - it's a terrible shame to rip up such a beauty...
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.