Project de-rust!

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Ah well i'll keep my hopes up till then!

Riekert
The Overlord
Car: S13
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

will let you know as soon as possible
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Thanx man!

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Ok so paint is done, now just the flattening and polish!!!!!

I cant wait!!!!!

Oh ja and I hate cats!!!!!!!!!

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

HancoB wrote:Ok so paint is done, now just the flattening and polish!!!!!

I cant wait!!!!!

Oh ja and I hate cats!!!!!!!!!

Ah man that sux!!

But it looks bloody HOT!!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Ummm very nice, looks very good I must say...

Did the cat scratch the paint or damage it?
Hairdresser MX5

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Nope just dirty paws.

But luckily for me I had supper....

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Ok so now its down to the last bit. The paint has been flattend and is ready for pollish. I will post some pics of it tonight.

I found some wheels but don't like them that much. A contact found me a new set of TSW Heat wheels and he slapped some Bridgestone tires on for me and a set of spare drifting nangkangs both 215/40/17.

I paid R5000 for a set of 4 brand new rims and 4 tires and then got 4 used tires with. That means 8 tires!!! And a set of lock nuts!!!! I love people who know people!!!!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

HancoB wrote: I love people who know people!!!!
hehehe...

i know someone else around here who prefers to do deals like that!!! reminds me of the 200sx mafia! LOL. :lol:
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Oh my gosh!!!!!

Its done! And it looks great...no wait...awesome...no wait....help me out with words guys coz it struck me...i'm speachless!!!!!

Here is the end product of not having your car for a week and a half!

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

looking good there Hanco...

It's all about the finishing touches though, so here's a tip or 3...
1. Invest in a rattle-can of gloss black and touch up the window beading after masking up the window and bodywork.
2. Clean off the exhaust in the meantime until you replace it with one those fancy japstyle thingie-majiggie-mabobby's.
3. Use an old toothbrush to clean all the grooves where theres polish residue around the lights and stuff to get the Brill burnishing cream out.

Well done lad!!!
b.t.w... Why not remove the antenae as well? Would really make the flush job complete...

... also, seeing that your car is royal blue and you've basically flushed the back end off, you should change your name on the forum to ROYAL FLUSH!!! Just for you VC... When we playing polka again????

:wink:
'92 White S13

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

How ironic...everything you mentioned now is what I have to do tomorrow!
I got the car At 6 and could not wait to take some pics so I didnt bother about those little thangs!

The exhaust is so rusted dude! If I clean it its gonna break off! ha ha

As for the name thing...rather not....reminds me too much of something else you flush...and I dont want to take my car there!

The antenae is a problem tho coz I dont want one on the roof. and the in window ones are so damn expensive!!! Maybe just remove it completely and let my GF sing for me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

yeah - i've always been one to encourage guys to get rid of that stoopid stock wing!!!

and this is exactly why.

looks awesome man. but that sucky aerial has to go. are the in-window ones really that expensive??? cos i need to go buy an one soon. i'm really getting bored with all my music! and no radio sucks.

anyway - last thing is that ride height hey? you gotto sort that out too man! go low - you can drop it at least another 80mm.
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

HancoB
SX Forumholic

Post by HancoB »

Thats soooooOOOOO funny, my mom saw the car and the first thing she said was the gap between the wheel and the body is to big. I have to make it smaller!

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Dude the car looks HOT!! Nice.. nou net die gap!! :lol: :lol:

aka The Overlord