new toy...

Discuss your In-car entertainment, interior accessories, and body kits here.

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

new toy...

Post by Vlade »

In preparation of my long trip to Durban... I installed some goods

I also installed some 5 1/4" splits, will take some photos of my install tonight if I get a chance... At least I got some music now :wink:
Hairdresser MX5

Ero_sennin
SX Forumholic
Car: S13
Engine: SR

Post by Ero_sennin »

not good Idea to watch movie down to durbs, specialy not the initial D movie, espesially while driving
SONY Xplod inside
SR20DET Powered Red RS13

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

So, I've bought some new toys too, especially for this trip. I spent sunday getting them mounted properly. Here they are, see if you can spot all the gadgets:

In the pics:
- Above instrument cluster is a radar/laser detector
- Above the radio (just visible in the first pic) is a bluetooth GPS receiver that connects to...
- Under the radio is a Nokia N800 (http://www.nseries.com/products/n800 - my favourite gadget of them all!! EEE PC, iPhone, eat my dust!! :lol:). Yes, that is the SX forum you see on the screen. It's connected to the internet via...
- In the foreground is the Motorola Q9h cellphone
- And on the left is a MP4 player that is connected to an FM transmitter (not visible) that then plays out over the radio
:-)

Don't worry, I insured all the goods (plus more that's not in the pics) comprehensively :lol:
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

Toby
Club Founder

Post by Toby »

Hey Vlade, is that *your* poker set that the chick in your avatar is wearing? :lol:
Red 200SX S13, 1992, stock. <a href="/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=332">Engine rebuilt (click)</a>.

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

And I thought I had alot of gadgets in my car... :oops: .

jon
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by jon »

Boys and their toys, both look great :D

Toby, be very careful with your radar jammer goodie, the cops are handing out rather large fines these days if they catch you with one.
Diesel power, hmm, yes, I think I'll have some of that.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

Toby wrote:Hey Vlade, is that *your* poker set that the chick in your avatar is wearing? :lol:
of course, had QH, JH, hit 10H, 3C, 7D on the flop, AH on the turn, and KH on the river... Royal Flush... told her to strip or else I'll take her chips...

:lol: :lol:

Only told her afterwords that is wasn't strip poker, but thanks for the show
Hairdresser MX5

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

jon wrote:Toby, be very careful with your radar jammer goodie, the cops are handing out rather large fines these days if they catch you with one.
I think Toby has a detector and not a jammer. The law clearly states that it's allowed to have a detector because it only recieves information / data, unlike a jammer which intercepts the signal and blocks it...

As for all you okes with gadgets and stuff... You seriously need to get some leg over chaps... one of these days a "Gadgets & Geeks" section would have to be created on this forum.

The SX should be a pure drivers car for pure driving enjoyment. Too much gadgetry (if there is such a word), just spoils the true SX experience. In the famous words of Architect, Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe,..."Less is more"... All you need is that sound of the turbo spooling, the BOV dumping and if u really have to, some good driving tunes pumping in the background.
'92 White S13

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

As for all you okes with gadgets and stuff... You seriously need to get some leg over chaps... one of these days a "Gadgets & Geeks" section would have to be created on this forum.

The SX should be a pure drivers car for pure driving enjoyment. Too much gadgetry (if there is such a word), just spoils the true SX experience. In the famous words of Architect, Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe,..."Less is more"... All you need is that sound of the turbo spooling, the BOV dumping and if u really have to, some good driving tunes pumping in the background.
There are certain gadgets that are nessesary, Like AFR meter/datalogger, EMS controller, boost controller, Knock detection, etc.

Hotstuff
Club Rep

Post by Hotstuff »

that i do know... i also have it on my car... just in case u wondering...
'92 White S13

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

and vibrating seats!
(and a kettle)

vlademyboy - im suspecting one of two things here...
that chick looks a lot like your last avatar, so i have deduced that either:
1) you have found her site and have a crush...
2) you actually took the pics, cozof you know her - and are subliminally hiding her from us... :shock:

whats her name pimpman?

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

I said I would upload some images of how I installed mine... done in like 3 hours...

Made a template from the old cover, could not get the online template to print in the correct size, this took the longest... Otherside is just a reverse copy

Speakers installed, this isn't perfect for SQ as you really want to separate your tweeters from your mids, but I didn't want to modify the interior

made a little hole in the bottom of the door panel, one cannot see it at all as its behind the plastic panel, the panel has a little cap for fluids to escape, my wires run through there

Finally the split box (filter) is located in the door and fastened by some double sided tape, I wanted to hide these in the door, but could not do it on my driverside, my central locking and immobilizer took all the space.
Hairdresser MX5

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i put my driver side splitter box in the dashboard on the drivers side! and ran a nicely concealed wire into the door!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

Yeah thats how I normally do it, but yeah I just wasn't cut out for pulling the wires though... I hate wire pulling, normally I get it done :lol:
Hairdresser MX5