600x300x76mm INTERCOOLER

Wanted or for sale

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

600x300x76mm INTERCOOLER

Post by Gary57 »

600x300x76mm intercooler I ordered it for my self with piping but they never had stock so I just got the cooler. I have ordered another complete kit for myself will be here by end year so now got a spare cooler. I paid 250USD which is R1830.63. If you give me what I paid for it you can have it.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

We might have different coolers but I baught the same size for R1250.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Just check the efficency :lol: :lol: :lol:

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

How many tubes have yours got and how do I work out how efficiant mine is, what is the presise amount of this and that and size to show me how efficient mine is?

It would be interesting to be able to know these differenses and what it means at the end of the day sothat you know what to buy and what not.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

measure intake temp and exit temp, that will give you the cooling efficency. Then messure the pressure drop.

Specs on my are...

All TIG Welded 6061 Aluminum, polished end tanks
100% Vacuum Brazed Core
High Efficiency Bar Plate | Tube Fin Construction
3 popular Sizes available; Custom made size welcomed
Inlet/Outlet: 2.5inch | 3inch | custom size

Max Recommended PSI: 45psi
Low pressure drop w/ only 0.2psi at 15psi of boost
Tested CFM: 1020 CFM
Fin Pitch: 15 Fins/Inch
Four Threaded Universal Mounting Points

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Mine to are made from aluminium and and and...I wanna ask you this, you nor me had the opertunity to measure these intercoolers in application,
measure intake temp and exit temp, that will give you the cooling efficency. Then messure the pressure drop
, I have an intercooler saying presisely what yours is saying so, how can I know before I buy a cooler witch one is more efficiant, they are the same size they quote the same, they look the same but the pricing is different.

Answer, you can't, till it is fisically tested in the same invironment same temp same application and everything, you can not say which is better if both quote the same iffiancy, the same material and size.

So we as a buyer are then screwed cause you don't know, I think you buy what is availeble and what you can afford.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Ja that is true, But the way I see it is there is no way an intercooler of R1500 can do the same job as a HKS job at R5000 or so. I would rather buy from a reputable dealer, REZLO, and pay a bit more because you are getting more.

The major difference will be in the design of the cooler itself, I.E. the intake ports should be long with smooth bends. An intercooler that you simply bolt the pipes onto the side tanks cannot be very efficent as you the designers would never know what derection the air was coming from.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Gary57 wrote:Ja that is true, But the way I see it is there is no way an intercooler of R1500 can do the same job as a HKS job at R5000 or so. I would rather buy from a reputable dealer, REZLO, and pay a bit more because you are getting more.
I beg to differ, and resellers like Rezlo will also be able to tell you this... HKS and them don't really make these things them selfs but there is a factory there somewhere in Japan that makes these stuff in huge amounts... They provide HKS with these coolers and the confirm to a certain spec... The rest of the stuff "Same thing, same spec" get's sold under another brand for 1/3rd of the price...

In my years of buying performance parts I've seen this over and over and over...

You just have to make sure you buy a quality thing, if you do buy a no name brand thing some where...
Hairdresser MX5

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

I know where that factory is and that is where this has come from. The company that makes these, make for JDM, GReady, Trust, etc.

I still believe our local stuff is not as good as the imported stuff, they make these all day and have it down to a fine art.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

That I agree 100% with I've seen some really crappy stuff from the local guys... Even the worst mass produced item are better than some of the local kak i've seen...

Only decent one I've seen locally is MRP and there price is more than a decent imported one
Hairdresser MX5

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

This is true, I baught mine from a well known turbo shop, they don't make it they import them from somewhere, so mine is imported persay, then it must be a desent cooler.

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *

Post by Vlade »

Same here bought mine from Turbo & Nos and yeah it came highly recommended... it does one hell of a job, its just sorry the in bay engine heat , heats up the cold pipe again, so yeah... I'm looking at thermo taping the whole thing shut...
Hairdresser MX5

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

I will defenately try and buy heat tape and wrap the cold pipe before I go to the dyno.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Not all imported stuff is good hey.

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

True but again, how do I know, If it is a well known turbo shop like Turbo and Nos or Mr. turbo or Louis Lema Racing or Jedi performance....