It's all about going side ways YO!

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Drift Practice - The Rock, Sunday the 30th Dec

Post by Vlade »

Howsit all

There will be drift practice again at The Rock, raceway...

Sunday 30th Dec any time from 15:00
Hairdresser MX5

ChemCool
SX Forumholic
Car: S13

Post by ChemCool »

A reminder on the cellph application. It is updated with these details.
COOLER, FASTER, LIGHTER
www.wappage.mobi AGENTS NEEDED URGENTLY!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

i'm in, if i can get my alignment done tomorrow!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

So, is the alignment done?

We should be there from 15:00...
Captain Slow to the rescue!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

no...

the farking shops alignment machine is broken and will only get fixed in the new year!!!

no drifting for me.

but i'll pull in to check it out!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost
Car: S14
Engine: SR

holy crap batman, we're going sideways!

Post by qewrty »

Ye so I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later, so today I tried drifting, wasn't so easy but was infinitely more fun than what I expected.

Thanks to everyone who was there today, esp the guys who pitched up without sx's, was great to see you guys.

So with 1 drift experience in the bag I want more! Just need a 2nd car because I have a feeling this one is not going to last long..
S14, bb gt2871r, 0.7 bar boost, status: hmmm, well, she starts but.. :roll:

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

check out two lekka shots that the spanner took of vlade's sx gooi'ing sideways in the sunset!!!

its...

its...

its...

its...

its lekka!!!!

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

veecee wrote:check out two lekka shots that the spanner took of vlade's sx gooi'ing sideways in the sunset!!!

its...

its...

its...

its...

its lekka!!!!
That's damn awesome..everyone who has never sat in a sx going sideways should just pitch up at the next practice and beg someone for a ride, trust me I have the G-metre results and not only does drifting look awesome it rakes up the G's which in effect means ADRENALINE.

This is def. the thing to catapult our little club into a niche on the history of SA motoring :)

That track is short, getting into 3rd is a bit of a mission but if/when you do the speeds start getting real scary as the turns basically jump on you..boosting around in 2nd and braking late can be fun 2 though..

dwayne
0.2 Bar Boost

Post by dwayne »

qwerty an s14 sideways looks goos sokar def knows how to drift them. and veecee you'll soon get the hang of it and then wola you drift king. lol every time i see an sx i want mine back........
GOING SOME WHERE FAST!!!!!!! :-)

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

dwayne wrote:qwerty an s14 sideways looks goos sokar def knows how to drift them. and veecee you'll soon get the hang of it and then wola you drift king. lol every time i see an sx i want mine back........
excuse me???

what you mean soon get the hang of it??? i was driving vlades car yesterday dude...

just lemme get there in my car and you'll see!!!

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

ya ya :D

anyway! i see most of us are back on the forum - hows about a mini get together???

mmm beer...

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

veecee wrote:
dwayne wrote:qwerty an s14 sideways looks goos sokar def knows how to drift them. and veecee you'll soon get the hang of it and then wola you drift king. lol every time i see an sx i want mine back........
excuse me???

what you mean soon get the hang of it??? i was driving vlades car yesterday dude...

Whahahaha!
Captain Slow to the rescue!

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

veecee wrote:
excuse me???

So you get shafted even at practise..maybe we should put a big red dot on the roof when you drive whatever car so that there's no confusion and you can be clearly identified ;)

Also whose idea was it to put the jack's box under my car? Sounded like I was dragging Sokar on the concrete.. :evil:

qewrty
0.4 Bar Boost

Post by qewrty »

widowmaker wrote:ya ya :D

anyway! i see most of us are back on the forum - hows about a mini get together???

mmm beer...
Simple enough, let's just pitch up at the Rock. They have a pool table/bar and many other amenities, incl an oval :P

I also want to do a timed run around the track, a teenager of age 15 with a really cool dad was able to do a 16.1 lap using a 2.0 N/A ford engine in a light-weight body. Is there any reason a SX 2.0 turbo cannot do the same??

banshee
Slipping Clutch

drifting

Post by banshee »

Hats of to every one there yesterday ,the guys that went around the track it was great to see how much skill is needed to drift welldone guys .