How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Phinx
0.7 Bar Boost
Car: S13

Project - Damn CA

Post by Phinx »

Let the Trilogy begin

As most of the club members know my CA18det has failed again this time taking the bearings with it.

Before I get stuck in on the progress and flow of the build , I have to thank the following people.

Hennie - Thanks for all the support, info and knowledge, and also for the little upcoming something, something for the CA18

Brenwin (Aka Sokar) - Engine pulls make friends or enemy's, You are a true friend, Thanks for the assistance, I really needed hands that day.

My Dad - Thanks For the help and for not burning the SX when it broke again after the 80 th time.

We have the parts we can rebuild him...

New Toys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets get stuck into it, The build if all goes to plan will follow a couple of stages. The stages are Planning, The pull,The strip, The big clean, The Build, The Check and "The Install"

Planning
-----------------------

I think the most important thing is to establish what the motor in question will be used for and the "life" the motor will have. In all honestly, I am getting Sick of fixing the Nissan and the costs are slowly killing me.

So I will do a "final push" , I'm planning on building a Rock Solid bottom end because I have already done the head .

If all goes to plan , I will be looking at a (set) of Aries/Wiseco pistons on top of "Eagle rods", I will not be doing the install / engineering as this is beyond my knowledge base and I will have a company do the install for me following the strict instructions given(In all honesty it quiet cheap having the engineering do the assembly and checking). There work will be check by a few friends I have.

I will be "working" the bottom end for a little more reliability and performance.

The Pull
---------------------------

This must be the easiest part of the project, It's around 30% more work to pull he motor then to pull the head, But you will need a pair of hands, preferably an Engine Stand and a Engine crane or block an tackle.

The engine bay after the pull.

The engine bay after a basic clean

Investigation
---------------------------------

The first thing me and Sokar did after the pull was to find the Knock.
But there seems to be nothing wrong , We will examine further

Bottom Ends shots.
Not bad for 170-000km unopend.

The Strip
------------------------------

Well now we are getting into the Stages of most work.
The most important thing about stripping is labelling the parts correct for assembly later

Here we are in the beginning stages.

Striping started

P.s Guys I have also switched jobs so no more surfing the net for me during the day, I will also only be online at night.
A.K.A - Wonderboy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1993 Nissan 200 SX
148 Kw - 250 NM @ 0.55 bar. 1.8T ATW
1989 Toyota Corrola
63kw - 117nm 1.3- N/A
18.2 @118,4 Km - Rainbow Raceway

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

so why dont u and hennie tell us what this little something is?? we would all like to know.

Sokar
1.0 Bar Boost

Post by Sokar »

Will give you a hint Gary, its will help with FLOW...... :wink:
Captain Slow to the rescue!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

tha ffflllllllooooooowwwww, FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

good thing its not about getting lots of oil!!! cos more oild will hamper FFFLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

Will give you a hint Gary, its will help with FLOW......
I gathered that, be a bit more specific please. A turbo venturi?? Intake manifold?? Bigger TB?? WHAT??? WHAT??? WHAT???

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:
Will give you a hint Gary, its will help with FLOW......
I gathered that, be a bit more specific please. A turbo venturi?? Intake manifold?? Bigger TB?? WHAT??? WHAT??? WHAT???
FLOW gary FLOW

FFFFFLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

Yeah flow, come on what flow? For the uneducated, educate!
Hairdresser MX5

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

My guess is a custom intake manifold and plenum and TB....he always went on about how kak the ca plenum and intake manifold is...

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

My guess is a custom intake manifold and plenum and TB....he always went on about how kak the ca plenum and intake manifold is...
Well if thats true I want one aswell, cause I agree the CA intake is KAK. A set of ITB would be cool.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:
Well if thats true I want one aswell, cause I agree the CA intake is KAK. A set of ITB would be cool.
LOL - you make it sound like he's not around no more!!!

anyway - its not my place to say, we'll hear it from him eventually!!!!

Phinx
0.7 Bar Boost

Post by Phinx »

Hi Guys....

I will confirm what the items is once it has been fitted and I can confirm it will clear.
A.K.A - Wonderboy
1993 Nissan 200 SX
148 Kw - 250 NM @ 0.55 bar. 1.8T ATW
1989 Toyota Corrola
63kw - 117nm 1.3- N/A
18.2 @118,4 Km - Rainbow Raceway

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

ok so it must be an intake manifold if it needs to clear something?? why not tell us now, whats the difference, u just want me to pull my hair out thinking hey??

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

yeah donno what the fuss is about
Hairdresser MX5

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

Why do you think he is called...AKA Wonderboy.....he likes to make everybody wonder and he is a very secret guy who likes to surprise people so that they call him wonderboy :lol:

Personally I think he reads and watches to many comics...the silent hero stuff :wink:

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:ok so it must be an intake manifold if it needs to clear something?? why not tell us now, whats the difference, u just want me to pull my hair out thinking hey??
LOL - there are many things/places that could require clearance.
what about oil squirters? they need to be checked for squirter/piston interface.
what about valves? they need to be checked for valve/piston interface.

but those are small things...
what about rolls straight 8 engines? they need to be checked for engine/front valance interface!

hehehe... dont stress about. when he tells it will be a surprise. hopefully a lekka controversial one too!!!

as for him being called AKA wonderboy, the AKA stands for Also Known As you nana!!! and the wonderboy part was a thieving masturbator's attempt at a little bit of sarcastic humour. while the nickname itself was not sarcastically funny at all, the fact that it stuck could cause a giggle every now and then!!!