Article #4: aluminium rear subframe spacers/inserts install

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Rezlo wrote:Actualy the mass majority of S13 coupe's had the same front end as the hatch, very few had the sil80 style head lights, it was a common swap though for the guys to convert to sil80 look because the parts were way cheaper (till the yanks wanted to be like the japs and then became one of the most expencive)
i dunno, i must be wrong then... here's what i've concluded.

i thought it was the other way around. i thought the silvia had only fixed headlights and a bootlid, and the 180sx had flipup headlights and a glass hatch.

hence i thought the sil80 was named because of the combination of front end of a silvia (fixed headlights) and rear end of 180sx (hatchback). so its SIL from the front of Silvia (and therefore literally from the front of the word), and 80 from the rear of 180 (and literally from the end of the word) = SIL80.

its also why the one-via is named as it is. cos its the popup lights from the one80 and the coupe bootlid from the sil-via.
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Vlade
* - Club Pimp - *
Car: Other

Post by Vlade »

veecee wrote: i thought it was the other way around. i thought the silvia had only fixed headlights and a bootlid, and the 180sx had flipup headlights and a glass hatch.

hence i thought the sil80 was named because of the combination of front end of a silvia (fixed headlights) and rear end of 180sx (hatchback). so its SIL from the front of Silvia (and therefore literally from the front of the word), and 80 from the rear of 180 (and literally from the end of the word) = SIL80.

its also why the one-via is named as it is. cos its the popup lights from the one80 and the coupe bootlid from the sil-via.
100% correct... And a

Strawberry face is a 180SX with a S15 front end

Not what they call a S14 with a S15 front end
Hairdresser MX5

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:Oh ok, our ones are much prettier I think. The S13 "hatch" body does flex alot, I remember when I used to jack the one front wheel of the car up I could barely open the doors let alone close them, but since I fitted my strut braces front and rear that is gone now.
good to know gary.

i'm seriously in the market for a set. i was gonna get a set of 4 struts for my s13, but my connection didnt come through for me!

it was the front and rear ones that you have, and a C-Pillar strut, and a lower rear subframe strut - but unluckily it didnt work out!
ReeceZ wrote:I'm sorry... I couldn't help it. Please no one wish any hateful shit on me, I own an SX already

Gary57
Club Rep
Car: S13

Post by Gary57 »

I only have front and rear struts. I did some reading and they say the lower strut brace dont make much of a difference, maybe thats because not many people have tried it. I am more than happy the way my sx handles now, the polyurethane bushes, koni adjustable dampers and the best of all strut braces really help it out alot.

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

Gary57 wrote:the polyurethane bushes, koni adjustable dampers and the best of all strut braces really help it out alot.
now i'm quite jealous. i've only got the bushes.

Gary57
Club Rep

Post by Gary57 »

now i'm quite jealous. i've only got the bushes.
GET STRUT BRACES, Im telling they make a HUGE difference. You wont believe the difference and they alot cheaper than the Koni's, dont even use the damper adjustment on them just set them to softest and leave.

Rezlo
0.1 Bar Boost

Post by Rezlo »

veecee wrote: i thought it was the other way around. i thought the silvia had only fixed headlights and a bootlid, and the 180sx had flipup headlights and a glass hatch.

Yep, that it true for JAP,

US is different, US has coupe with pop up lights. :) granted its 240sx,

Such a slure :roll:

widowmaker
200SX Maniac

Post by widowmaker »

Riekert
The Overlord
Engine: VQ

Post by Riekert »

Hey VC can I get your permission to use these pics and post on my upcoming website....

Please!
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

hmmm...

i noticed that exact same question somewhere else, and when i read it i thought to myself "hmmm..."

dunno man, tell me more about this "upcoming" website of yours! :wink:

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

Well its a 200sx CT based website...

uhmmm ja. I want to have a few DIY articles in there and post news of upcoming events in capetown and surrounding areas, from car shows to dynoruns and drift events.... Just want to start something here in capetown.

And no I won't poach forum members... the forum link on my site will divert the people here... meaning SX owners in CT that visit the site will still come to this forum...

The main aim of the site is to unite the SX owners of capetown. To let them have a local site where they can go to get info on, like above, events and meetings and just plain old cruises...

But ja... just an idea i came up with... thought it might work...

Here is the site address: http://cms.doingitsideways.za.net

Will soon be changing it to s13sx.za.net, the one above is way to long to type in :lol: :lol:

But ja maybe i'll use doingitsideways.za.net for a drift only site...

Anyway... Sorry if its a bit confusing... Just check out the site and let me know what you think...
Enzio wrote:Who needs ligths? When you're going sideways forward facing lights don't do anything but confuse squirrels and sheep next to the road...

aka The Overlord

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

K!

veecee
AGENT SX!

Post by veecee »

as long as you credit the authors. i.e. myself and vlade.

Riekert
The Overlord

Post by Riekert »

veecee wrote:as long as you credit the authors. i.e. myself and vlade.
Definitely!! Will Do!! :D :D

update: Hey VC did added the 2 article by you and vlade... go check it out and let me know if it OK.

aka The Overlord

GoldenEagle
Slipping Clutch

Post by GoldenEagle »

Vlade wrote:

100% correct... And a

Strawberry face is a 180SX with a S15 front end

Not what they call a S14 with a S15 front end
Strawberry face is what the S13 or S14 Silvia is called when the S15 front end is on it. Another term is S13.5 or S14.5

Just as the S15, S14, or S13 with a 180sx front end is known as a "Onevia."

Sil80 is a 180sx with the any of the Silvia front ends (S13, S14A/B or S15) on it.

A really intersting front end conversion is the S14 Silvia on a S13 Silvia Coupe. Know as the S13.4.

If I ever get tired of my pop up lights I may end up doing a S14 front end conversion. But for the time being, I like my sleepy eyed S13 Coupe.