RB25SX Experience

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

bma325
Slipping Clutch

RB25SX Experience

Post by bma325 »

Im still in the process of buying another car and a certain RBSX is messing with my mind...so to get some assurance i thought i'd post here for some general opinions

What is it like owning an RBSX?
Is it worth while as a weekend street toy?
Ave consumption mixed driving?(not really a biggie)

anyone willing to share their experiences of owning a RB powered S Body? Ireally want it to be better than the scoob i owned :oops:
The Subaru enthusiast, however, will see the lack of equipment as a good thing. Equipment is weight. Weight blunts acceleration. Weight is bad.
- Clarkson

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: RB25SX Experience

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

dont own a rbsx but love the sound a rb makes id say 100% worth for a weekend toy
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

Drillergy
SX Forumholic
Engine: SR

Post by Drillergy »

Ya J. That RbS13 last night at the track sounds shweet!

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Will reply when I get a chance
Hot Plates are Sexy

Draco
Forum Whore

Post by Draco »

My personal opinion:

Think about it, 80% of the guys that swopped an RB into an S13 sold it after a short period, most guys that bought an S13 with an RB in sold it not long after.

Is it a great toy to screw around with, I guess but I think the idea is bigger than the experience.

[smilie=200sx_angel.gif] Flame suit on :mrgreen:

PS. my dream was always to put a VG30ET into the S13, would sound great, will spin the shit out of the road....but the idea of all that is bigger than what it will be.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

Post by DriftZ »

Draco wrote:My personal opinion:
Is it a great toy to screw around with, I guess but I think the idea is bigger than the experience.
[smilie=200sx_angel.gif] Flame suit on :mrgreen:
I do believe a 'properly' sorted / no shortcuts RB-SX would be a UBER weekend toy. But therein lies the problem.

bma325
Slipping Clutch

Post by bma325 »

thanks for sharing guys...I allocated a small R30-R40k budget to buy a used car or fix my e30(engineless) when I saw the car in question and quickly convinced myself that I can spend a bit more just to get this car. Now, however, ive read the "why" thread and have a bit of doubt(which is good imo) I was way too impulsive and wouldve mindlessly just bought it :oops:
The Subaru enthusiast, however, will see the lack of equipment as a good thing. Equipment is weight. Weight blunts acceleration. Weight is bad.
- Clarkson

Enzio
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Enzio »

R30-40k??

Not to burst your bubble but you will not be able buy even a half decent SX for that kind of money, regardless of its motor.
Image S13 CA18DET, NIStune and...oh wait no that's gone..... Image

bma325
Slipping Clutch

Post by bma325 »

Enzio wrote:R30-40k??

Not to burst your bubble but you will not be able buy even a half decent SX for that kind of money, regardless of its motor.
thanks for sharing guys...I allocated a small R30-R40k budget to buy a used car or fix my e30(engineless) when I saw the car in question and quickly convinced myself that I can spend a bit more just to get this car. Now, however, ive read the "why" thread and have a bit of doubt(which is good imo) I was way too impulsive and wouldve mindlessly just bought it :oops:
Maybe I wasnt clear enough :facepalm: ...The RBSX is in the for sale section and is more than R30-40k...I was prepared to increase my allocated little budget to buy this car...
- Clarkson

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator

buy it you will never go wrong with a s13 :mrgreen: :lol: