Tata help

Discussion of technical issues and ideas (engine, chassis)

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Tata help

Post by rat »

I got a problem and was wondering if anyone can help or have any suggestions.

My misses has a 2010 Tata indica Vista which uses a fiat 1.4 8v vvt motor. 350a.xxx

She missed her 100000km service so I went to tata and asked what needs to be done. Cam belt was part of it and they said to me simple 8v motor.

After doing the belt the car went into safe mode and it seems special tools are needed to set the belt. I got a set off ebay for the fiat engines and it didn’t work. The small tata dealership here put a new cam sensor in as that’s the fault coming up. No difference and they said they don’t have the tools. Taken the car up to the main branch in Durban and they can’t get it right. They want to fly down a senior tech at our cost to look at it. Been 4 weeks with them now.

Shall I just get someone to wire up a dicktator and bypass the whole vvt mess. She needs her car sorted soon.
Hot Plates are Sexy

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: Tata help

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

hmmm dont see it been a problem but think the fuel consumption will go up. get spitronics give your misses launch control :lol: :mrgreen:
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

rat
Administrator
Car: R32
Engine: RB

Post by rat »

Safe mode is very heavy on fuel and it doesn't go very fast.
Hot Plates are Sexy

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

is vvt controlled the same as vvl? cuz these ecus can control lift aswell
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"