S14 project drift

How-to's, project cars, and various other articles posted by club members

Moderators: P3g4sus, Daniel, rat, Draco, Riekert

Ching
Car: S14
Engine: 1JZ

S14 project drift

Post by Ching »

Hey guys I'm new on the forum, at the moment I'm dfrifting a 1jz supra mk3,I bought djtreble's S14 rolling shell. The plan is to (some of u won't like this)drop the 1j into the 14, I've got to work with what I've got. Besides I've been running the 1j hassle free for almost 2 years now. I'm looking for headlights and parklights for the s14, any ideas?? Nissan quoted 9k to ship them from Japan, but being a drift car u can see the problem with that price tag.

SonOfAnarchy ZA
Administrator
Car: S13

Re: S14 project drift

Post by SonOfAnarchy ZA »

welcome bud enjoy you stay be sure to post lots of pics!

try ebay for your lights
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me"

fuzz123
0.3 Bar Boost
Engine: SR

Post by fuzz123 »

Welcome!

From what ive seen on this forum people don't really care what engine you run as long as you enjoy your SX. Put pics of the build and all the little things you learn on this journey.

Enjoy!

O yeah as for Headlights etc. I've been lucky on Australian E bay before. Also try rezlo in PE or Nissan of Chesapeak in the states.

djtreble
Over Boosting

Post by djtreble »

Ching! Good luck with her bud, can't wait to see it going sideways again!
Take loads of pictures and post them here!

Distributor for ROTA wheels South Africa

www.rotawheels.co.za
www.kaihatsu.co.za

DriftZ
200SX Maniac
Car: S15
Engine: SR

Post by DriftZ »

we all have our favorite engines.. Hey whatever works for you!
Welcome

Ching

Post by Ching »

Thanks guys, will post pics as soon as I get my life back in order when I move next month, that's only when the actual work on the car starts, I hope. The wife has a whole list of jobs for me in the new house. For now I'm just getting all the parts together to get her on the road/track again.

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

HEY CHing ! MAJDI here! i have been on this site for years and as you know i dont even own an SX lol. love my nissan bakkie . but you will get great advice here. and they guys can keep there feelers out for parts . just hit them up here .i heard u bought the silvia. make a list of what you need and load it here .you never knwo what might be lying around in the odd garage of one or many of the mad people on here. let the guys here know what you goals are an what parts you want to use. most of the stuff out there someone on here has used. when u say rolling shell is ist just striped of motor box interior and lights. ? give details and im sure your SX will get done quickly.
if you only planing on using the car for drifting Y bother with proper lights in front just cut out some perspex or make up some fibreglass ones. to fill the holes. i saw a S14 being broken up on gumtree a few weeks back and he had back lights. always knew u were a closet Nissan man hehehehe good luck man.
sideways forever....

godzilla
0.3 Bar Boost

Post by godzilla »

heres the link on gumtree. its only rear lights though dont know if u need them.
http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-replacement ... -476835739
sideways forever....

Ching

Post by Ching »

Howsit Majdi,fancy meeting u here lol, I've found the perfect shape lights to use, will post pics once I got it fitted. The bueaty of it is I only paid R600 for the complete set. For SD scrutineering u need headlights that work, so can't just do makeshift fibre, besides I'm gonna use this car on the street as well. Don't need taillamps, that's on the car, or should I say don't need taillamps yet. Will see after a visit to the Mob.lol.

Adrian
0.9 Bar Boost

Post by Adrian »

hey good luck with the build. nothing wrong with a good old jz..